NYCE meet up (New York Chicken Enjoyment)

Quote:
I'd really like to come, but Sunday is out of the question for that distance
hmm.png

Cass, part of the problem last year was Irene. By the time I came almost everybody had left or was leaving...

I have driven to Tab and Travis(It's a 2hr 20 min drive for me but it was well worth the trip.) I got a book on tape and I enjoyed the Sunday drive!

It would be great to meet everyone I missed last year.

Definately Irene put a damper on last year, but the person who made the comment to me wasn't talking about Annie's gathering, where we had a wonderful turn out, despite Irene. I'm willing to drive 3 hours (or slightly more) esp on a Sunday, cuz that is the only day I don't work. I drove over 3 hours to pick up chicks....but I am crazy. I should see if I can borrow my Brother's 12 passenger van and take us ALL out there in one vehicle.

I'm coming.

What can I do to help? I ran the Chinese Auction last year and can do so again this year, if you wish....or give advice about what I did wrong (and right) last year to who ever is doing it this year.

I have name tags around here too....forgot them at last year's. (We used Duct tape, which I never leave home without, instead)

Might want to PM Annie (Happyhensny) about what she did that worked, what she would do differently and what she had on hand, etc.
The gathering at her house went very smoothly with everyone pitching in to help as needed....and we had to take tents down cuz of wind....last year our gathering was the day before IRENE...omg...Let's not repeat THAT again, please.

I am in! Don't know if you knew that or not... I am great at "last minute" stuff. "We don't have enough snacks, drinks, cups, whatever..." I can get what we need. I also have 3 kids, DS is a 14 yr old - may or may not go but my 2 DD's will be there. (12 & 9)

I chose a sunday because the past 5 years I've had sunday's and monday's off. Everything from family functions to chicken events were always on saturdays. I had to miss out because I only have 5 days a year for sick/personal. I guess I feel a little biased because of that. Sorry to those that it isn't good for. We're all so busy that there would always be some conflict for somebody.

Chairs are always a good thing to bring like Cass mentioned. I plan on picking things up gradually over the next few months. I have a few things here for the raffle and I keep thinking of food. I love food!

I chose a sunday because the past 5 years I've had sunday's and monday's off. Everything from family functions to chicken events were always on saturdays. I had to miss out because I only have 5 days a year for sick/personal. I guess I feel a little biased because of that. Sorry to those that it isn't good for. We're all so busy that there would always be some conflict for somebody.

Chairs are always a good thing to bring like Cass mentioned. I plan on picking things up gradually over the next few months. I have a few things here for the raffle and I keep thinking of food. I love food!

It doesn't matter what day you pick, it isn't going to work for some people. They will be missed, for sure, but you had to pick a day that worked for YOUR family....and we are all grateful you stepped up to host.

I am still trying to figure out how I can host some year. Maybe the year after I round up the 6 GRAND to put in a new driveway and my SO (ray) can park everyone's car down under the trees.

It doesn't matter what day you pick, it isn't going to work for some people. They will be missed, for sure, but you had to pick a day that worked for YOUR family....and we are all grateful you stepped up to host.

I am still trying to figure out how I can host some year. Maybe the year after I round up the 6 GRAND to put in a new driveway and my SO (ray) can park everyone's car down under the trees.
You could ask the use of a local church's parking lot and shuttle bus the people to your house.
big_smile.png

You could ask the use of a local church's parking lot and shuttle bus the people to your house.
big_smile.png

Yes, that would work IF there were a church within 5 miles of my house, which there isn't. Have I meantioned I live in the sticks? Maybe the RR yard would let me use one of their unused car storage lots? Ironically, it is VERY easy to get to my house from everywhere....but it's still the sticks....

Yes, that would work IF there were a church within 5 miles of my house, which there isn't. Have I meantioned I live in the sticks? Maybe the RR yard would let me use one of their unused car storage lots? Ironically, it is VERY easy to get to my house from everywhere....but it's still the sticks....
This is true, darn it! This will be a great get together! Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom