object in her throat?

cricket0509

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 24, 2013
I have this wonderful runt, she is easily half the size of her mates ( same age, bought
them all together). her crop is always very full, could possibly by that pendulous crop. but that is not a problem yet. up in her throat ( very near where the internal diagram marks as their throat/esophagus is labeled), feels like a large round hard, almost circular, object. she has no problem eating or drinking. she does try to move it, sometimes it looks like she's trying to vomit, she holds her head to the side to sleep. any idea what is going on? I can try to post a picture if anybody thinks that would help.

thank you, Jackie

I have this wonderful runt, she is easily half the size of her mates ( same age, bought
them all together). her crop is always very full, could possibly by that pendulous crop. but that is not a problem yet. up in her throat ( very near where the internal diagram marks as their throat/esophagus is labeled), feels like a large round hard, almost circular, object. she has no problem eating or drinking. she does try to move it, sometimes it looks like she's trying to vomit, she holds her head to the side to sleep. any idea what is going on? I can try to post a picture if anybody thinks that would help.

thank you, Jackie
Open her beak and see if anything is lodged in her throat.

I thought it felt like plastic, but rigid, its sooo big, I can't imagine that she ate something plastic that was like folded up and it opened in her throat. I just don't know. How do you pry their beaks open? I was trying to fed her olive oil through a medicine dropper, but didn't have any luck with that either. I did get her to eat bread that was soaked in olive oil.

thanks

No difficulty breathing?

Good on you with the oiled bread.

Is the crop soft and mushable? Does it ever empty?

A picture would be good.

her crop is always full, but also soft. but late today I noticed a sore on her mouth. I will try to load a picture or two tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom