Obligatory Introductions

Wonder if the dogs barking, makes them too stressed to act like chickens.

Well it's possible but the real problems with the dog didn't start until recently so I would've thought they were crowing long before this. The neighbors dog has killed at least two chickens from my flock and injured two or three. All the injured have healed and seem to be doing quite well, sans a few peach fuzz feathers and such. This of course has led to war with the neighbors since they have three dogs they don't tie out but it's our chickens fault the dogs run around the neighborhood. We used to let our ladies free range most of the day but now they are limited to their enclosure. I think that stresses them out more than the barking dogs, however I do notice they get agitated when they hear dogs around.

Well it's possible but the real problems with the dog didn't start until recently so I would've thought they were crowing long before this. The neighbors dog has killed at least two chickens from my flock and injured two or three. All the injured have healed and seem to be doing quite well, sans a few peach fuzz feathers and such. This of course has led to war with the neighbors since they have three dogs they don't tie out but it's our chickens fault the dogs run around the neighborhood. We used to let our ladies free range most of the day but now they are limited to their enclosure. I think that stresses them out more than the barking dogs, however I do notice they get agitated when they hear dogs around.
You'll probably get advice to shoot the dogs since shooting the neighbors is very very wrong. I'd recommend electric netting. Bait the fence with bacon. The dogs will either lick it or touch with their nose. It'll only happen once. I'm new to chickens, but have kept honeybees for years - my dogs learned with one shock. And the black bears that were drawn to the hives and bacon learned quickly not to bother what's inside the net.
Good luck and welcome.

Back
Top Bottom