Octagon 20 ECO w/autoturn cradle OR Genesis 1588 w/egg turner??

How about the brower top hatch another good bator to consider and can hold more than an eco 20. Just another option to help muddy the choice.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yes Brower Top Hatch is an alternative to any styrobator, durable, dishwasher washable, self diagnosing , cheap, readily available heat source, (candelabra light bulb).

No need to buy racks for different size of eggs like all styrobators require (it has an universal egg turner built in).

Some people claim it is not stable if the room temp changes, but so are all styrobators.

It still beat the heck of any styrobator with egg capacity, universal egg rack, self diagnosed heat source (you see no light, your light bulb is dead, if your styrobator coil fails it will not give you any clue, then your whole hatch is dead).

I'd buy one but I am saving money for Dickey.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yea, that's might be right if they kept it in storage instead of using it.

Did they ever clean it?

I know people who's styrobators fall apart after 8-10 hatches

Cause if you really clean it with a liquid (chlorine solution or else) it is going to fall apart before your warranty ends.

Why they give you only 1 year warranty on styrofoam?

Finally people are getting a clue on styrofoam junk, check this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170326286864

This old rusty Brower round metal bator with no fan sold for $121.99 with 38 bids!!

Do you thing they bid it up to put it in a museum?

They bid it up not cause this bator is 20 or more years old (I don't really know when they stop making them) and not cause it is rusty, but they bid it up cause it it's much better to hatch chicks than any of styrobators.

And this old metal Brower will keep hatching chicks after all styrobators go to the land fill.

You can get 3 Little Monsters (LG's) for 121 bucks!

LOL

Quote:
Yea, that's might be right if they kept it in storage instead of using it.

Did they ever clean it?

I know people who's styrobators fall apart after 8-10 hatches

Cause if you really clean it with a liquid (chlorine solution or else) it is going to fall apart before your warranty ends.

Why they give you only 1 year warranty on styrofoam?

Finally people are getting a clue on styrofoam junk, check this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170326286864

This old rusty Brower round metal bator with no fan sold for $121.99 with 38 bids!!

Do you thing they bid it up to put it in a museum?

They bid it up not cause this bator is 20 or more years old (I don't really know when they stop making them) and not cause it is rusty, but they bid it up cause it it's much better to hatch chicks than any of styrobators.

And this old metal Brower will keep hatching chicks after all styrobators go to the land fill.

You can get 3 Little Monsters (LG's) for 121 bucks!

LOL

I have watched my styrafoam incubator over 10 times and it still works great, and looks brand new.

Well these folks kept it in the and took real good care of it and have hatched hundreds of birds in it. We have some overnight experts on here that have never experience or seen anything. They just like to comment on stuff they know nothing about.

If it was going to fall apart with just a few washings, why the h--- would it take 500 years to fall apart in the landfill after being crushed etc?? By the very nature of the statement "500 years" that is nothing but someone's opinion. I have had a LOT of Brinsea products over the years, (35 years in the exotic bird business) and I can tell you from experience that they have their shortcomings too. Brinsea makes a decent product but it is not the answer to every hatching problem some on this forum would have you believe. The styrofoam incubators are for the most part decent products as well but they also will not solve every problem by themselves. Common sense and dedication will prove to be far more important than which incubator was manufactured by whom.

Jim

Well put Jim ! An incubator is only as good as the operator. And being mislead by people that are new to it is not the answer. Brinsea does have its issues also. The one i had was reading inaccurate humidity and temperature. It was a piece of crap until i figured out how to adjust it and forget about the digital readings on it. I finally got it to hatching decent until i sold it to a fellow i didn't like. I have hatched thousands of birds in a styrofoam bator. I use 2 gqf 's and a dickey now and having the best hatches ever.

Your right Jim, There is no best incubator. It comes down to personal requirements and choice just like cars, phones, etc. You just need to look at the facts and choose what suits your needs best. For me I chose the Brower top hatch. My choice.
Bottom line everyone is right. Their incubator is the best.

Nancy

Quote:
It is not my personal opinion, styrofoam takes 500 years to DECOMPOSE meaning break down to simpler elements, but only a few cleaning washes to FALL APART.

Edit for inciting comment

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom