OCTOBER chicken sacrifice protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think just cutting an animals throat and then setting it on fire is pretty wasteful to me.
Can someone enlighten me as to why this is even legal?
Lol!
Most Americans don't eat organ meat. That's wasteful.
First world countries waste between 30 and 40 percent of the food they buy-- so, if you ever ordered chicken marsala at a restaurant and didn't finish or box it up, wasteful.
If you think slitting a throat is inhumane, I have to wonder how you think your food is slaughtered?
It's legal because there is literally no reason for it NOT to be legal.

They worship the Saints, not devils. . . But they are usually not white, and usually speak with an accent, and so cause a lot of pearl-clutching by ignorant busy bodies who can't be bothered to ask simple questions.

Nope. Never met one either.
I DID however used to sell live animals to a lovely family that used them in religious ceremonies. I'm not a vegetarian, and don't pretend to be outraged by it, but I got really, really annoyed by people who were oh-so-horrified by me selling animals to be murdered by SATANISTS!
Now, there was a language barrier, and I don't pretend to understand the beliefs of these people, but they always had crosses (rosaries?) dangling from their car mirrors and pictures of saints in their wallets and on the dash, and always left me with phrases like "Saints be good to you " "May Saint whoever send you many blessings my friend!"
BUT YEAH, they wore funny clothes, spoke broken english, and their skin was dark, so it was ok to malign them.

Dismissing animal sacrifice as a barbaric satanist practice IS problematic. Maybe think about the last time you ate a cheeseburger or hot dog before condemning it again.
That family dropped off the earth about 15 years ago. No one knows where they went, or what happened to them.
I don't practice Santeria,
I ain't got no crystal ball,
I had a million dollars but i,
I spent it all!

Lol!
Most Americans don't eat organ meat. That's wasteful.
First world countries waste between 30 and 40 percent of the food they buy-- so, if you ever ordered chicken marsala at a restaurant and didn't finish or box it up, wasteful.
If you think slitting a throat is inhumane, I have to wonder how you think your food is slaughtered?
It's legal because there is literally no reason for it NOT to be legal.
Your missing the point. If they’re burning it they’re not eating any of it. They’re killing the animal and aren’t using the hide, organs or meat. That’s blatantly wasteful.

Your missing the point. If they’re burning it they’re not eating any of it. They’re killing the animal and aren’t using the hide, organs or meat. That’s blatantly wasteful.
Again-- my understanding is that they eat it. I could be wrong, but I also don't care.
Commercial animal production is rife with waste. Ask any commercial chicken grower-- they literally walk through their barns and chuck out dead birds every day, and it is an expected part of their job that they budget for.
Go to a restaurant, and watch the plates being carried back into the kitchen.
Hell, work in a sandwich shop, and see how much food expires without getting eaten.
MY point, that you glossed over entirely, is that waste is everywhere, so to target a tiny fraction of people who are wasting one animal occasionally for religious purposes, well, I have wonder why YOU care so much about it?

Ask any commercial chicken grower-- they literally walk through their barns and chuck out dead birds every day
removing dead bodied from a living area isn't waste? I was raised on a commercial chicken farm. producers require there broiler farms to have a proper disposal plan/method and some go as far as to require growers to build compost buildings for disposing of the birds. I fail to see how this is wasteful?

removing dead bodied from a living area isn't waste? I was raised on a commercial chicken farm. producers require there broiler farms to have a proper disposal plan/method and some go as far as to require growers to build compost buildings for disposing of the birds. I fail to see how this is wasteful?
So a BUNCH of dead birds that areuneaten aren't wasteful, but a handful of birds or other animals that are possibly uneaten (I do think they get eaten, btw) isn't.
Kk, keep changing the goal post.

Again-- my understanding is that they eat it. I could be wrong, but I also don't care.
Commercial animal production is rife with waste. Ask any commercial chicken grower-- they literally walk through their barns and chuck out dead birds every day, and it is an expected part of their job that they budget for.
Go to a restaurant, and watch the plates being carried back into the kitchen.
Hell, work in a sandwich shop, and see how much food expires without getting eaten.
MY point, that you glossed over entirely, is that waste is everywhere, so to target a tiny fraction of people who are wasting one animal occasionally for religious purposes, well, I have wonder why YOU care so much about it?
I’m just curious. I trap furbearing animals soley for the hide. I do not eat any of the meat. I place all the carcasses back into the woods so animals and bugs can eat them.
I’m just bewildered that with all the laws and negative publicity pertaining to humane animal treatment, animal rights nut jobs, and the commercial food industry that this is still allowed. Sacrificing animals seems to be the most wasteful of all of it. All in the name of whatever. Just seems odd. I suppose everyone needs to be in some kind of club.

I heard that battery egg layers are thrown in the dump after they are 'retired.' There's a long rambling video called Mad City Chickens,
mainly about Madison residents getting chicken keeping legalized. In it, (around 19 min) one of the interviewees described finding/rescuing a disheveled hen at the dump, and asking the landfill people about it. They told her the egg farm dumps the dead chickens there, but sometimes some of them survive. The one in question flourishes and is shown later in lovely shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom