OCTOBER chicken sacrifice protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

belindaschicks

Songster
Jun 8, 2016
Anyone else have to lock their coop tight this time of year? My first year I had chickens on an early October night i heard a noise in my backyard. I quickly realized this was not the sound of an animal and my chickens were alerting. I jumped out of bed and turned on the lights in the house. As I ran outside i got a shiver up my spine, stood by coop and counting my chickens in their house they were all there. Soon I heard in the distance slow drumming and the flicker of a fire. So I left all the lights on outside and the next day got combo locks for my coop. The idea that something could have happens have happens to one of my chickens at the hands of a person still freaks me out To this day. I still get nervous this time of year.

Anyone else have to lock their coop tight this time of year? My first year I had chickens on an early October night i heard a noise in my backyard. I quickly realized this was not the sound of an animal and my chickens were alerting. I jumped out of bed and turned on the lights in the house. As I ran outside i got a shiver up my spine, stood by coop and counting my chickens in their house they were all there. Soon I heard in the distance slow drumming and the flicker of a fire. So I left all the lights on outside and the next day got combo locks for my coop. The idea that something could have happens have happens to one of my chickens at the hands of a person still freaks me out To this day. I still get nervous this time of year.
Really?!? Who is sacrificing animals this day in age? I have never heard of this! Where r u located?

Their are some sick people out there. I started pad locking my coop and run because I kept finding cigar wrappers in my run. The ones kid use to smoke the ole wacky tobaccy. I know no one in my house smokes them and the run is covered and fenced so they didn't blow in there. And we live in the country. Which means someone was going in there and smoking it up after dark.

Ok, something else to worry about! Where I live in South Florida, Santeria is prevalent - it's like a Cuban version of VooDoo - but they usually get their sacrificial animals from farms set up just for the purpose of selling these poor animals. Not cool at all, but it's in their culture that they bring over from their country.
If I ever catch someone trying to steal one of my chiickens...my husband will probably have to post bond for me!

I have no argument against animal sacrifice, as long as the animals are properly purchased and not stolen. I'd sell a spare rooster for sacrificial purposes in a heartbeat. It's just slaughtering an animal with a bit of religion tossed in.
Sounds like they're in one of those devil worshipping HOAs.
This comment is rude, xenophobic, and totally uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom