OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Gloryjasmine, Sep 21, 2015.

1. RavenBlue

RavenBlue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    BC
    I find adding water messes with the temp for a couple hours as long as it doesn't get too hot in there don't worry it will be ok I added a wet sponge on my last hatch to raise humidity on lockdown instead of adding more water and it didn't seem to mess with the temps as much so will probably do that again this time round. So exciting and nerve-wrecking once lockdown starts, good luck I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    My brooder is now empty, and my August chicks are just about ready to move in with the grown ups. I think it's time to set some more eggs.

3. Desiree1

Desiree1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2015
    culleoka Tennessee
    [​IMG]
    chick number one arrived this morning on day 20. I shall call it October. 27 more to go....Hopefully

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. jstlitlome

jstlitlome Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Missouri

Oh, beautiful! Congratulations!

5. RavenBlue

RavenBlue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    BC

Yay! Welcome little October!

6. kdunn716

kdunn716 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI
    Hello!! I think i will join in the October fun here :) I have black copper marans and quail due to hatch on the 15th and turkens due to hatch on the 17th :) this is my first time so I have been on other posts asking questions and soaking in as much info as I can. But it will be fun to watch your guys eggs hatch too as mine move closer to their finish line :lol: [​IMG]

7. Fernie

Fernie Chillin' With My Peeps

My eggs arrived. They are a bit chilled so I have them sitting to warm a bit and settle down from shipping.

8. chickendreams24

chickendreams24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2015
    Wisconsin, USA
    Hey Fernie are these just the buff eggs? Don't forgett to add your broody too :)

9. cdewar

cdewar Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Arkansas
    Day 20: Not one pip, super nervous now! I normally get a pip on day 20. These babies are going to give me a heart attack![​IMG]

10. kdunn716

kdunn716 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2015
    Metamora, MI
    So when i open my bator there is a faint odor...what do I do and how do I figure out which one it is? Just wait and sniff it out?? Lol please help since the bator is in my bedroom lmao

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by