October-hatch-along 2019

Pics
Okay, me first! Second full incubation hatch ever for me. This time I have home laid white and blue pied muscovy eggs, set 22/09/19 so should hatch approx 27/10/19
20190922_170808.jpg

Welcome @AusHen! Chicken eggs take about 21ish days, so yours should be hatching around 01/10/19. Plymouth rocks are the prettiest chickens, I'm hoping to get one off my neighbour

Oops date set was 19/09/19.
Yes they are the ones im most excited about.
Two of my bantams are broody so i may also get them a few eggs (whats 6-12 more right?)

Oops date set was 19/09/19.
Yes they are the ones im most excited about.
Two of my bantams are broody so i may also get them a few eggs (whats 6-12 more right?)
Arr very good, I thought I confused you with my dates sorry! Broody hens are the story of my life right now. I brought Australorps for their non broodiness and egg laying ability. Apparently they missed the memo :idunno.
@Mvan42 follow along for the ride and live through our hatches! I totally understand the addiction to it. Could use an experienced hatcher in this thread

IMG_2919.JPG

Incubator set! 8 Ayam Cemani, 8 Dominiques, 4 Dark Egg Projects (Production Red type of birds selectively bred for dark eggs, long time project of mine) 18 Naked Neck Project birds, 5 Serama. On the side 8 Silver Leghorns, I keep side eggs that I turn myself to replace eggs in the turner as they die.
----------------------
There is a chance that some of the dark brown eggs may be from my Cuckoo Maran but her eggs are not always as dark so I do a good job of weeding hers out, but if one of those are her eggs it will be a Black Sex Link.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom