October Hatching ... How many are in? I'm due to hatch on 10/17

I don't have mine in yet. I orderd them and they are due tomorrow so will go in around midnight very early thursday morning. Provided they make the trip ok, I will have 6 pekin ducks. Praying they all made the trip ok... Due to hatch on the 27th if I counted correctly. Will re-do my math after I get them in... I'm so excited, this will be my 1st hatch.

My seramas are due to hatch on 10/13. I did an early candle and saw some life in about 70% of the eggs. I will give them another week before I pull the infertile eggs out.

Last edited:
not sure when my hatch will be, found a missing hen in a wall mounted box, that is where I found her sitting on a clutch I guess about a week now, She is a first time broody, hatched this spring a week after Easter by my broody jap phoenix hen, her mother, Rooster was RIR, but she has taken over a nest now and who knows whose or which eggs she is sitting. I will try to get pics, they should all be EE RIR crosses or str EE. As these are my free rangers right now.

I will be doing a hatching of a dozen and half silkie eggs starting next week.. I hope all hatch *fingers crossed, knock on wood*.. can't wait to see the new peepers.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I'm in. I set 11 which were due to hatch on October 3rd. Of the 11 I have 7 that are developing. They go into lockdown tomorrow. I also set 2 dozen last Saturday and they are due to hatch on October 16. Of course miss broody has decided today that she wants some eggs to hatch so I am trying to decide whether to give her some from the bator or give her some new ones, or maybe tell her no that she had two babies this year and that is enough. These are mostly mixes a few ee, possibly a full ameracauna, some rir, some rir x bo, some production red/bo cross, and a bunch of commercial layer crosses (ie red sex link roo crossed with amberlinks and other sex links)

Just curious why many of you in 4 seasons climates hatch in Oct? Doesn't it require that you keep them indoors for a long time? I always thought this was a Spring time thing? Anyway, just curious on your take why you like to set eggs in Oct. Maybe I am missing something
hu.gif
i dunno!

I have 23 RIR eggs that are going lockdown next Wednesday. Due to hatch the 9 of October. Candled them yesterday all doing good moving around alot getting harder to see in them. This is my first real hatch. Tried some eggs that were shipped but they got scrambled in transit so none even developed. These I got from a guy near us. He had just hatched 14 out of 18 eggs hatch so I'm hoping I'll have as good of luck as he did.

hatched lots of quail but my first chicken hatch is 3 dozen serama due for lockdown hopefully by 3/18 at the latest and hatch the 21st if all goes well-VERY EXCITED!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom