October Hatching ... How many are in? I'm due to hatch on 10/17

I know what you mean, I have 10 different hatch dates this month. But I currently have room in both my bators. The one I use for quail and the other for chickens. But my hatcher has 2 differnt quail in it right now with 2 different hatch dates. lol I had 1 chicken hatch in with he last quail but thankfully it was at the end of the quail. But it did spend it's first night with the quail since the older chicks wheren't being nice. It is now with it's own kind and doing well. So nice it is. It came from my Production red and I swear it has both genes from the silkie roo I took out and the new roo the Ameracauna. It has a pea comb and light skin except on it's tummy. It has 5 toes on one foot, 4 on the other and it's yellow and has long down on it's neck like a slikie and a small beak like a silkie. I'm gonna venture to say it's a she. A real sweetie too.

I put 12 Brahma eggs in the bator 20 days ago. Culled 6 on day 14. Have 7 Silkie due in about 8 days (at work and don't have my calendar with) then 4 more Silkie due about 7 or 8 days after that. Not sure if my Brahmas are ok since the temp. spiked a couple times to over 106°. Not happy about that at all. I haven't had much luck with the Little Giant 9200. The humidity in my apt. is low and I can't seem to get the bator humidity high enough. I'm thinking about giving up on hatching in the bator until I can afford a better one.

Due to hatch on 10/15 in a little giant. I put a portable laptop fan inside and have a thermometer in a wiggler that has an alarm if temp goes to high or low. Temps have remained very steady with the fan in there. I'm hoping for a good hatch with shipped eggs! 7-2G olive eggers & 7-BC Marans (from Wynette) & 1 EE(from my flock).

from amazon:
Notebook Cooling Pad / Laptop Cooler - $.79
Sper Scientific Alarm Thermometer - 800040R - $20
USB/AC for MP3 Players - $2

I'm gonna candle today....see if I have any that are "for sure" not developed at all....I am so nervous about tossing any, but the incubator is really packed, I feel like I should at least make an effort to see if there are any that are def. not doing anything. Normally I just let them all go, and don't make any executive decisions on which egg are tossers, but this is my first set of eggs I'm hatching from shipped eggs, so i feel like there is some probably arn't going to hatch, and with the crowding I should see which ones those are! I'm a little nervous though, these are orp eggs fropm bama chicken...some good stock

nordahlbunch
a thermometer in a wiggler that has an alarm if temp goes to high or low

bow.gif

Well, what a great idea! I can't believe it did not cross my mind! I have my incubator in the dining room. I am always checking it. OK, where do you get one of those with an alarm?

I am on day 6 and really want to candle. Can I candle early? or just sit it out until 10 days?​

Congrats to all of you, sounds really good! I am keeping myself busy with other things until I can candle. I'm only going to do it once so I want to make sure they are at least fertile..

I LOVE the thermometer alarm idea!!!

Back
Top Bottom