October Online Hatching Egg Swap

Mnferalkitty, Lori you have a box on the way that is packed tight with eggs, I never packed this way before so let me know how it goes...broken,,,,especially interested to see how air cells make it.....I will resend if it doesn't work out....

Hope you have space, I think I got 40 eggs in that box, will send trcking # in the morning to Jim.

Wingstone..I mailed your box too, I lost count on how many eggs I sent it has to be over 30. I sent some quail eggs from the new laying quail please let me know if any hatch as I am not sure of fertility in that pen. You are getting a lot of duck, I had an explosion of duck eggs, there might be crested ducks or anconas. I tried a new packing method also 3 boxes in one big box and I packed the 3 boxes tight into the other box. Let me know about breakage etc. Your tracking # is 03092880000074491605

I'll let you know how yours arrive, air cells, hatch etc. Thanks so much!!!!

Lori your tracking # is 03120090000098838825
Good luck !!
I have not been having to much success with hatching ducks, since I have an empty bator I think I will try putting these one's by themselves instead of mixing eggs.
I seem to lose most during lockdown, I think it has something to do with the size of the air sac.

Lori your tracking # is 03120090000098838825
Good luck !!
I have not been having to much success with hatching ducks, since I have an empty bator I think I will try putting these one's by themselves instead of mixing eggs.
I seem to lose most during lockdown, I think it has something to do with the size of the air sac.
Thanks!! Here is how I hatch ducks, my best hatch rates are with ducks.
This how I hatch my duck eggs
this method works for me and I have great hatch rates.
I fill my water tray when I set them in auto turner
I candle around day 10 or 12 refill water tray
I candle and take out of turner day 25 refill water tray and leave them alone
I have never measured my humidity so I do not know what it is
I read somewhere you should mist duck eggs and the one time I tried that I had miserable hatch rate so I have never done it again.
One thing that threw me for loop when I first started hatching duck eggs is they pip then make a hole in egg and work on that hole to zip and sometimes it can take 2-3 days!!

i have been hand turning all duck eggs, and taking them out for misting, i also dry incubate , my humidity can jump from 30 to 70 for no apparent reason......
writing down your instructions, will try this way, really would like to have better duck hatches... not gonna be so picky on humidity this time either.
fl.gif

got my eggs from lori. box was beat up but only 1 casuality,...That's alot of potential duckies.
thumbsup.gif

Hubby plucked the box of chocolate out immediately,,,,his face was priceless when he realized it was quail eggs..

Last edited:
I also got my eggs from Tina...Thats A LOT of eggs!!! Your eggs hatch so nice the chicks are always fat and healthy! Only one broke it was on top by the corner and the corner of the box was squished. Funny about your husband and the chocolate box(that box was originaly from Chiqita) and I did the same thing I was like bonus! and it was quail eggs LOL. Thanks for the eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom