October WYGS MYSTERY SWAP~ Signups Closed

Wayne,

I have to tell you whatever the eggs are that you sent me those are some hearty/healthy eggs. I have 5 that are developing really nicely (candled last night), and that is after shipping, and my power going out two nights in a row last week with temps getting down to 95 for 4 hours and 87 for 5 hours the next night.
wee.gif

MNFeralKitty,

Would you tell me what the bantam eggs were you sent? Unfortunately none of them survived the postal abuse (sent to wrong post office) and the power mishaps.
hit.gif
I can't tell for sure on the really dark eggs (guessing Marans) but it looks like the only ones developing for sure are the olive eggers. I am keeping them all in the incubator just in case they are just really slow. I'll probably candle and pull next week.

Thanks both of you.

Crystal

Wayne,

I have to tell you whatever the eggs are that you sent me those are some hearty/healthy eggs. I have 5 that are developing really nicely (candled last night), and that is after shipping, and my power going out two nights in a row last week with temps getting down to 95 for 4 hours and 87 for 5 hours the next night.
wee.gif

MNFeralKitty,

Would you tell me what the bantam eggs were you sent? Unfortunately none of them survived the postal abuse (sent to wrong post office) and the power mishaps.
hit.gif
I can't tell for sure on the really dark eggs (guessing Marans) but it looks like the only ones developing for sure are the olive eggers. I am keeping them all in the incubator just in case they are just really slow. I'll probably candle and pull next week.

Thanks both of you.

Crystal

glad to hear that doing good after that i was getting worried cause i remember u said ur power went out...

Wayne,

wee.gif

MNFeralKitty,

hit.gif

Thanks both of you.

Crystal
I actually sent them; but I'm from Minnesota too. The bantam eggs were silkie and serama. Fertility has been a little hit or miss with these, but they are young so that should improve. The dark eggs are Maran and Welsummer (separated) and the green eggs are like you guessed EE/OE.

Thanks, Coldupnorth. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on all of them. Excellent packaging job by the way. Would the Welsummer be the spotted ones?

OK, Wayne, I have all four hatched out of the four that were left. They are not what I thought. These look like splash possibly but no feathered feet. What do I have????

Back
Top Bottom