Ocular Marek's? Or just changing?

I am positive that they changed from a brownish color to this color. I've been checking on one of the chicks regularly for a slipped tendon so I noticed the change in color in the eyes.
Do you have photos of the chick when it had brown eyes?

Usually blue or green tinted eyes will turn to bay color as they mature. I've had Barred Rock that had green eyes and they eventually turned bay.
There's nothing to worry about.

Do you have photos of the chick when it had brown eyes?

Usually blue or green tinted eyes will turn to bay color as they mature. I've had Barred Rock that had green eyes and they eventually turned bay.
There's nothing to worry about.
I unfortunately don't have pictures of the eyes when they were brown, I want to kick myself now for not having more pictures :(
Thank you for the reply! I will try not to worry.

Is there a test the vet can do while the chick is alive to determine if it does have Marek's though?
I appreciate everyone's help!

There's a test, but expensive. If this is ocular Marek's, it will be obvious. A test will not be needed. But, the chance of this being Marek's are extremely low. Usually both eyes are not equally affected.

First, Marek's wouldn't show up this early. Second, ocular Marek's is, if anything, an absence of color. The colored part around the pupil fades and turns pale and muddy. The pupil is also noticeable because it shrinks to a dot, and it's no longer perfectly round.

You simply have a blue-eyed chick.
Hello, can you take a look at my most recent thread? It’s to do with suspected ocular mareks. Please help!!

Back
Top Bottom