Odd ball looking chick

cwcochran1961

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 6, 2012
LURAY, VA
Hey everyone, I am new to the chicken world, but I have a chick that doest look like any of the others, she is mostly whiteand gray. i was supposed to have purchased 6RIR, 3 americanua. and 3 plymouth barred rock. all pullets. I know which are the RIR because they are obvious by thier color. The americanus are black with white area on top of their head and all look the same. There is one chick who i am guessing is a barrred rock, but she is mostly white. im gonna try and add a picture, they are not very comfortable with me handling them yet so its not gonna be a good picture. The other two which are supposed to be the same as her are more brownish/ gray. So any help would be great.

well It keeps giving me an error.. but theyare in my pictures file.. have a look.
I have read the directions to uploading pics but I always get an error. sorry

barred rocks are black with white head spots...the americanua's are probley ee's and would be the three colored ones(white, brown/gray ones look like chipmonks)

this??

Last edited:
Agreed, the "Americaunas" can be any number of colors, so you probably just have a variety.. and, you have them confused with the Barred Rocks, which are the black ones with the white spots.

ok! thanks, I got a good feeling that is what she will grow into looking like. The other one is more brown, and then there is a gray one that does not seem to have the chipmunk markings. Its kinda fun, trying to figure out what they will feather out to look like. I love them all.! thanks for all of your help everyone!

Back
Top Bottom