Odd colored d'uccle

her it is. the coloring really reminds me of a light brahma
download

There she is ! Thanks for posting it. I don't have a computer or a smartphone so I'm limited on what I can do. According to the people I got her from, the lady they bought her from had no other breeds. She was hatched along with a bunch of milles. She looks d'uccle to me, but there could be a brahma or other breed somewhere in her ancestry, I suppose. Anyway, I thought she was unique and wondered what everybody thought.

I think she's cute too ! She's wild as a deer though. Going to take a lot of handling to settle her down. She's young-I would guess no more than 5 months. I'd like to attempt to get some chicks like her. The question is: what to breed her to ? I have roosters in millefleur, black mottle and porcelain. I'm wondering if I'll have to breed her back to a son to get this coloration.

Breed her to your reg millie. I believe that she does have the silver gene, which would make her offspring the elusive lemon/citron d'uccles we've all been trying to get here in the states. Congratulations! Take VERY good care of her.

Breed her to your reg millie. I believe that she does have the silver gene, which would make her offspring the elusive lemon/citron d'uccles we've all been trying to get here in the states. Congratulations! Take VERY good care of her.

X2

And possibly consider joining the swaps when she starts laying fertile eggs...
thumbsup.gif
I know I'm not alone in trying to breed the Citreon color back for us here in the US!

Back
Top Bottom