Odd colored d'uccle

Quote: ding ding ding
highfive.gif
you win

Last edited:
MY CREAM LIGHT BROWN DUTCH BANTAMS ARRIVED. tHE MALE HAS WRY NECK-SOMETHING MUST HAVE HAPPEN IN THE MAIL. i'M GIVING HIM ELECTROLYTES AND VITAMIN e WATER. hE IS EATING AND DRINKING, BUT HE SPASMS.Sorry, wrote this in the dark. The female is fine. Sure hope I don't lose him.

MY CREAM LIGHT BROWN DUTCH BANTAMS ARRIVED. tHE MALE HAS WRY NECK-SOMETHING MUST HAVE HAPPEN IN THE MAIL. i'M GIVING HIM ELECTROLYTES AND VITAMIN e WATER. hE IS EATING AND DRINKING, BUT HE SPASMS.Sorry, wrote this in the dark. The female is fine. Sure hope I don't lose him.

Dang, Lynn - I did read somewhere (I think here at BYC) of someone who corrected a chick's wry-neck....I'll go look for the link now.

I think this is the thread I read before: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/382088/wry-neck-treat-or-euthanize-updated-with-great-results

Last edited:
Where did you get them?

I will be getting my in the spring from a breeder in PA. We are exchanging birds. I want the Cream Lt Brown Dutch and they want some of my Mottled d'Uccles, a win win exchange.
yesss.gif

I got them from someone in the BYC auctions. I'm sure it was the postal service. they are now doing fine, still skittish, but coming around. She's not laying yet and he's not breeding. I'm giving them medicated food plus electrolytes in the water, and they actually get a heat lamp over them. Trying my hardest not to lose any of the mature birds I've purchased, since they were all a huge chunk of change.

My first little serama hatched. He was from parents whose colors I couldn't put my finger on, so here's hoping there's some dilute genes in the chick. The chick is PaulaFred until I know what sex it is, then it will get a cool name. I tried to take pictures, but the little bugger is fast. I was putting down some cooled rice and spagetti and the little thing took off. I thought at first that someone had chased it away, but on closer inspection, the little babe had a rice kernal in it's mouth already and running around like it had a prize. You should see chicks whe you give them shortened spagetti....
Here's the babe - the tiny one!

Here are the parents

Back
Top Bottom