Odd colored d'uccle

I think I'd rather work with a couple of people who are trying to breed for the citron color. This is such a strange thing to happen. This pullet was given to me. Since they don't come along very often, I'd like to make the best use of her genes. Perhaps someone can pm me and tell me what exactly they might need. I'd rather her make a contribution to a new variety than try to make money from her.

Last edited:
I think I'd rather work with a couple of people who are trying to breed for the citron color. This is such a strange thing to happen. This pullet was given to me. Since they don't come along very often, I'd like to make the best use of her genes. Perhaps someone can pm me and tell me what exactly they might need. I'd rather her make a contribution to a new variety than try to make money from her.

Then, may I request a place in line? I am dedicated to developing that color here in the US.

I'll join, I'll join!
yippiechickie.gif

Me too.....
jumpy.gif
Give up the directions please.
We are working together to bring the lemon/citron mille fleur to America. It will take time, effort and tons of money. Our other project is to bring the chocolate gene into the d'uccles. We like to breed d'uccles because we love them, and also because we know when we mate them, exactly what we are going to get colorwise. No surprises, no not being able to duplicate them. I love the seramas, but the color scheme is a bit all over the place, and they rarely breed true.
D'uccles are beautiful and with very little range of color approved for shows, it is easy to have them breed true. So our goal is to introduce the lemon and chocolate gene, fix type again, and have them breed true. The ultimate goal is, of course, to have the new colors accepted by American standards. This will take years, but someone has to start the ball rolling in this country.

PS- perhaps by being able to breed true, will will begin to understand the harder colors to figure out, like "pumpkin" and buff genes.

So far, I have a lovely Lemon Cuckoo bantam Cochin, but he is still a cockerel, and I don't have grown Mille Fleurs to mate him to yet anyway. Lynn is MUCH farther along in the project than I am. I'm waiting on some bantams with Chocolate genes. Thank goodness I found them at least, but that project is not moving fast either. The OP is interested in helping with the Lemon Project, and maybe you might be too?

So now I'm interested in seeing how both these turn out. That chocolate color would be awesome in the d'uucle. I'm watching both of you.

I've been communicating with Coffeekittie and Lorilyn. I'll be breeding Pearl (the silver mille) to a mille fleur roo and will send them both chicks. I'll keep some for myself and a friend that breeds d'uccles in TX. Hopefully between the 4 of us we can begin breeding citroens in the US.

Back
Top Bottom