Odd Guinea Question

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Sherry, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I moved my guineas to a new pen Tues night. They were in with my chickens and roosted either on the roost or in the rafters everynight. Now they are in the new coop they aren't roosting on the roosts. One did lastnight but tonight they are all on the ground.

Will they figure out about the roosts eventually? They are about 7-9 months old.

2. Renegade

Renegade Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2007
    Griffin, GA
    Hi Sherry,

Guineas don't like change. Give them some time to settle in and they should be fine.

Donna [​IMG]

3. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    are they still w/ your chickens. guineas hate to be the first ones to do anything. so if they are by themselves now it may take a bit longer.

4. Sherry

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I had to move them from my chickens. After I got rid of the rooster, the guinea roo started pecking the girls. No mating behavior just general harassment. No wonder I wasn't getting any eggs. I went from 1 egg twice a week to 19 eggs in 4 days. I'd say the girls are much happier. [​IMG]

5. GUIENALADY

GUIENALADY Rest in Peace 1956-2010

May 1, 2007
    Belvidere nc
    guineas definatly don't like change.....i just upset all of mine yesterday....seperated the lavender trio from the rest and now everyone is still protesting the new arrangement. [​IMG] they will get over it in a few days. mine are just beginning to lay eggs....got 2 lavender eggs yesterday....[​IMG]

6. Sherry

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    It's been raining for 2 nights now. Those stupid guineas won't even go inside. They are outside in the pen, sitting on the ground soaking wet. What goofballs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by