Odd Guinea Question

Sherry

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Southern WV
I moved my guineas to a new pen Tues night. They were in with my chickens and roosted either on the roost or in the rafters everynight. Now they are in the new coop they aren't roosting on the roosts. One did lastnight but tonight they are all on the ground.

Will they figure out about the roosts eventually? They are about 7-9 months old.

Hi Sherry,

Guineas don't like change. Give them some time to settle in and they should be fine.

Donna
smile.png

I had to move them from my chickens. After I got rid of the rooster, the guinea roo started pecking the girls. No mating behavior just general harassment. No wonder I wasn't getting any eggs. I went from 1 egg twice a week to 19 eggs in 4 days. I'd say the girls are much happier.
lol.png

guineas definatly don't like change.....i just upset all of mine yesterday....seperated the lavender trio from the rest and now everyone is still protesting the new arrangement.
smile.png
they will get over it in a few days. mine are just beginning to lay eggs....got 2 lavender eggs yesterday....
D.gif

It's been raining for 2 nights now. Those stupid guineas won't even go inside. They are outside in the pen, sitting on the ground soaking wet. What goofballs!

Back
Top Bottom