Odd looking poop, eating excessive amounts of feed.

Increased feed intake might be a symptom of starving (for lack of a better word) due to a worm problem. Intestinal parasites, especially in elevated numbers, can sap much of the nutrients that are supposed to be going to the bird(s).

Have they been de-wormed recently or ever? What was used to de-worm them? How long have you noticed the increased feed intake?

Last edited:
Okay, no molting yet.

Black Sex-links are a Production hybrid, which tend to get a reproductive disorder over time.

I'll tag in some experts. I'm trying to rule out certain things.
I don't think it is the black sexlink she always has normal poop. It is the easter egger that I seen having the issue. she poops a lot. but today it looks off and strange.

???

They are not eating eggs, i don't leave eggs out there for them to eat. i get all eggs just after they lay. they lay at the same time every day. as of right now they are in there laying their eggs.
It says you fed and let them drink alot you know somedays it happens to me and i tear that toilet up

Increased feed intake might be a symptom of starving (for lack of a better word) due to a worm problem. Intestinal parasites, especially in elevated numbers, can sap much of the nutrients that are supposed to be going to the bird(s).

Have they been de-wormed recently or ever? What was used to de-worm them? How long has you noticed the increased feed intake?
It is not worms. I deworm them every 6 months. have never had worms yet. they was dewormed 3 months ago. I have already ruled that out.

Have they been de-wormed recently or ever? What was used to de-worm them? How long has you noticed the increased feed intake?

About a week I noticed she tends to eat the feed more than the others. it has been way hotter than normal here. hitting 106 to 108F but I turn on a mister for them on super hot days. have never had an issue with them like this.

Back
Top Bottom