Odd looking poop, eating excessive amounts of feed.

Using the same worming med consecutively can result in decreased effectiveness as the worms develop tolerance to it. Therefore, it's a wise practice to alternated different worming meds each time you worm.

ACV won't hurt, but it's not likely to make a difference in this issue.
So should I use the ivermectin paste ? these chickens never had it before. it was my last flock that I used the ivermectin paste. I still have a tube of it. and it says it treats tapeworm and tons of other worms etc.

Yes, I would give the Ivermectin a try. Do you know the precise dosage? I've never used it myself, and I've heard it can be toxic if not given in the correct dosage. I only have information on giving the pour on Ivermectin. But if you plan on getting the poop tested, I would gather samples before giving the Ivermectin and refrigerate until you can get them to your vet for testing.

Yes, I would give the Ivermectin a try. Do you know the precise dosage? I've never used it myself, and I've heard it can be toxic if not given in the correct dosage. I only have information on giving the pour on Ivermectin.
yea my friend showed me to use 0.8% ivermectin paste and for a full grown chicken i give them a piece of it the size of a popcorn kernal. it worked well for my other flock

Valbazen or albendazole is a good alternative to Safeguard, to alternate. Some also rotate with levamisole (Prohibit Powder) that goes into the water. But it might be good to get your fecal float test back to see if there are worms, and what types. If tapeworms are ever a problem, I would use Equimax or Zimectrin Gold horse paste, which contain praziquantel. The ines above are not effective against tapes. Ivermectin has lost it’s efffectiveness on chicken worms according to some experts here (I am not an expert, LOL.)

I would also recommend looking for a rodent problem. Mice and rats can jump up into hanging feeders with no problem. With mice, they tend to leave droppings in the feeder, but rats don’t.

So I finally found out the issue with my chicken. turns out she did NOT have worms. but she does have some sort of indegestion issues. doctor thinks she maybe ate something covered in bacteria that had dehydrated her and was making her feel bad. gave her some meds and shes back to normal again.

I told the vet that she ate a roach on the ground and she agrees that is maybe the reason for it.

Back
Top Bottom