Odd noises?

Sometimes chickens just seem to like to make noise. Especially when they are laying their eggs. Its pretty normal. But if you are worried about its health try looking for other symptoms.

She seems fine, also not ready for egglaying she's a month old almost 2 months in a few weeks. My Roo does it to. IT's sweet but sad, scares my mom, but they are mysterious in ways I say.

Chickens are facinating to listen to. The next time they do this, pay close attention to what is happening around them, what they are looking at, etc.

It is said that they have over 300 different vocalizations, each for specific events/foods/items/situations etc.

I know my hens have a specific call for marshalling the flock to chase off our resident squirrel. It's pretty funny.

I love the trilling noise chickens make. If expressed loudly it means predator, if expressed softly it's just chicken gossip.

My hen makes a constant "squeaky wheel" noise. It's the same noise all day. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with her.

My hen makes a constant "squeaky wheel" noise. It's the same noise all day. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with her.
lol.png
I'm wondering if your hen is really a rooster?

On a more serious note, I also wonder if she might have a health issue?

Curious though if the hen makes the noise only when you are around?
Funny enough, I notice my hens "talking" to me when they see me. They are relatively quiet when on their own, except for egg laying time, when sometimes I think one could be seriously screaming!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom