oddly marked btw jap chick

Akane

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 15, 2008
This is a 4week old chick from a pen with a btw roo, 2 btw hens (one having greenish legs instead of yellow), and a white hen. They are from eggs I got online sold as all black tailed whites and I hatched only the 1 white with the rest being btw. I get about 1 white for every 2 dozen I hatch from this pen now. I thought maybe this one was just a poorly marked btw but I noticed some brown in his feathers. Are there other genes and colors going on here or is he actually just a poorly marked btw like I thought? He also has greenish legs. Does that mean he's from the dark legged hen or could it be hidden in the yellow legged ones as well? I was going to get rid of the hen because she actually has very little black and I don't like the dark legs but she's such a nice little hen I ended up keeping her.

SANY1609.jpg

SANY1607.jpg

He is interesting.... I might keep him for my mutt bantam flock with the EE bantams.

He must have a red gene/allelle? in there somewhere to get some brown in his feathers. He sure is cute. I would keep him if I were you but probably not breed him if you want to start getting more BTW Chabos. Who did you get the eggs from?

I can try to look it up but it's been a year now and they were off eggbid so I don't remember.

Back
Top Bottom