Ode to the first egg and a four year old.

chicamama

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Topanga Ca
"Mom, I found the FIRST egg!!
IMG_0408.jpg

Oooops!
IMG_0414.jpg

Not fair!
IMG_0416.jpg

All is not lost!
IMG_0418.jpg

It's just as well it broke. Now she knows!
Till the next one.
wink.png

They learn quickly, and hopefully don't find the sound of the splat and cracking funny or you end up with a mess accidently very often! That happened to a friend out here, her daughter dropped and egg and thought it sounded "neat",, every chance she got after that she'd get in the fridge and drop all the eggs, then she started going around outside and picking the eggs and dropping them. She thought it was great until dropped an egg she took from a broody and there was a baby in it. She never dropped, or picked up, another egg!
Yours looks like she learned right away!

well , we supervise our lil 3 yr. old grand daughter when she picks the eggs , and she knows better than EVEN think about going and trying by herself , WELL , come to think of it , OUR RUN has apad lock on it now and NOBODY can enter . BUT here she is after collecting 2 eggs .

9529_hannah_egg_day_003.jpg

She wants us to NAME the COOP Hannah's Hen House .... I wonder what gave her that idea ?

lau.gif

These pictures are really cute.
smile.png

I don't have kids, but my dogs keep offering to herd the chickens for me (no way!!). They'll probably want to collect eggs, too, when my hens start laying.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom