Odering Eggs from EBAY

I haven't ordered any yet, but I have some listed on there...
big_smile.png

I have some in my Hatcher now that I got from Ebay. I also have a 5 month old running around in my coop that is from Ebay eggs.

Advice would be check out Feedback on seller and try to get some that are relatively close to you.
My Orp came from AZ and she is the only hatch from a dozen.

My Cochins that are in now, may not be a good hatch either, this was more my PO's fault as they had a sub carrier and the box was at the PO for several days before I got a notice.
But one of my Cochins was pipped this morning.

Anytime you ship eggs it is a risk, the seller does not have any responsibilty after shipping, in my case on the Cochins, seller has already agreed to replace if it is a bad hatch, he did not have to do that, but he did. Likely why his feedback is 100% with great reviews

Hi...I bought eggs from ebay last week and they came rather quickly! The seller was very nice and informative and told me that if none hatch, she would send me some more!

They have been in the incubator for 6 days...they are silkies and I will candle them tomorrow! I'm so excited cause this is my first experience doing this!

I never thought I would love chickens! They are so cool!

I ordered guinea eggs, they came quickly. The seller had good communication. They are going in the bator today, but Im not sure how they will do, as the PO dropped them off, and it was a new guy, young and didnt care that the box said fragile and EGGS all over it, he handled it like it was a basketball..
sad.png
So i hope they do well, but if you have the option, deff. pick them up!

i would only spend the money on eggs if they are a very rare breed. hatch rates can be 0%. better to spend the money on chicks that have a guarantee.

I bought guinea eggs on ebay last spring, but had major temp issues and none hatched--actually, nothing from that batch hatched, including my own eggs, which I know were fertile, so it was definitely my error, not a shipper issue. He got them out in the mail on time and shipped extras packing well. I agree that any time you ship eggs, you have a lot of extra risk, mostly because the PO employees can be brutal on shipped eggs.

You have to decide if you can risk the money you spent on the eggs, and if the outcome is worth it because even if you run your bator perfectly, if the PO exrays the eggs, none of them will hatch, and I doubt they always check to see what's in the box before they send it through the machine. lol

The 5 hatching in my bator right now are ebay eggs. 7 were cracked but this was not the sellers fault. They are just mutts so not a big $ investment. I wanted to learn and wanted the experience of hatching which I'm finding out is just awesome!! Yea check out the seller feedback and have some contact with them first.

I have ordered Coturnix Quail eggs from ebay. The post office cracked most of the eggs and I only got 1 to hatch but it is my daughters pet now.

I also have 10 button quail eggs in the incubator I got off ebay and they are due to hatch monday.

Back
Top Bottom