OEGB...Does Anyone Know What Breed These Are?

MommaLuve25

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 11, 2013
WV
These 2 are pure bred Old English Game Bantams. I bought them off of a guy that bought them from a hatchery. I can not figure out what breed these 2 are. Is there a breed called a Chocolate Splash?

Pullet #1

Pullet #2

Chocolate and splash are colors. Hatchery birds don't always have great color, so colors may be mixed. That being said I have OEGBs and have 3 colors in one pen for a color project. This is just for me. There's a thread for the breed where you would probably get a lot more help recognizing color.

Have fun with your birds.
big_smile.png

Chocolate and splash are colors. Hatchery birds don't always have great color, so colors may be mixed. That being said I have OEGBs and have 3 colors in one pen for a color project. This is just for me. There's a thread for the breed where you would probably get a lot more help recognizing color.

Have fun with your birds.
big_smile.png
I know they have chocolate and splash but do they have a chocolate splash? Would a hatchery have a chocolate w/ a splash & send u the bitties? Like do they mix their colors cause I thought they were suppose to be just 1 purebred color, if I even made any sense..lol.. Either way I don't care, Im just curious to know! I tried that thread an didnt get nothing back on it. When these are ready to breed I will be putting them and a Blue pullet with a Blue Brassy Back Rooster! They are still young an not laying just yet so they are running where ever they want, not w/ the roo yet! I also have a pair of Speckled ones that are my little boys! Thank u so much & u too!

Here's my Blue pullet

Here is my rooster!

I would say it was leakage, but I could be wrong. Color on the roo from what I can see doesn't look bad. And ya, you can get just about anything tossed in from a hatchery. Doesn't mean much if you just want birds and aren't looking to breed or show them. A splash though is usually a white or light colored bird and splashed of whatever color.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know they are OEGB thats all I have. I looked it up and I believe thats what she is! Thanks! What about the other one? Do u know what she is??

http://www.feathersite.com/

Someone showed me this site
If you type in Old English Game Bantams in the search bar on the site, it will give you links to pictures and descriptions of OEGBs, the colors each can come in, and what they look like as chicks. I found it extremely helpful not only with OEGs but other breeds and colors. :)

Back
Top Bottom