OEGB, Serama, legbar or a version of 2 of these?

My serama has gotten a bit louder but not too bad. Last year we used the no crow collar on my old English but when we took my son trick or treating and heard him crow even with the collar several streets down we knew he had to go and he found a home on Nov 4…taking 5 old English cockerels, 4 pullets and a dog kennel to them in to an auction today…hope they find a home.

I have a Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantam cockerel named Jasper. The funny thing is he was always half the size of his bantam flockmates (who turned out to be all pullets) as a chick, but he turned out to be regular-sized for an Old English Game Bantam cockerel. I was surprised at how fast he developed his comb and waddles, but I am glad to know that Old English Game Bantams are easy to sex for future reference.

I have a Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantam cockerel named Jasper. The funny thing is he was always half the size of his bantam flockmates (who turned out to be all pullets) as a chick, but he turned out to be regular-sized for an Old English Game Bantam cockerel. I was surprised at how fast he developed his comb and waddles, but I am glad to know that Old English Game Bantams are easy to sex for future reference.
Yeah, they can be sexed quite early. I was surprised by this too the first time I had chicks! Kind of funny to have a miniature miniature cockerel in with all the regular unsexed chicks!

Back
Top Bottom