OEGB?

d_rooster

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
North Augusta, SC
I'm pretty sure this little darling in an Old English Game bantam. However, what color form is she?

2150382156_055a929bca.jpg

She is a silvery light grey on the back with a light brown on the breasts. Her legs are grey. If you think she is something entirely different than an OEGB, then I would like to know, too. I bought her from the local feed store and she was from a mix of bantams that they must have ordered from a hatchery. I've got a red pyle bantam rooster that came in the same batch as her.

Wow she's pretty! I love the lacing!

And I'm SOO jealous.. WTH? My feedstore only has RIR, BR, NH, and Sex-linked.. and only by order in the spring. They NEVER have a bin full of chicks. I called another feedstore.. and the person who answered the phone SCOFFED at me when I asked if they sold any..

Meghan

Although somewhat flighty when I've tried to catch her, she's a sweet, quiet little bird. I had her in a pen with the Red Pyle OEGB rooster that's pictured in my avatar photo for a few weeks. She laid 5 eggs that I now have in the incubator. The first one has pipped already. I can't wait to see the baby chicks from her. I just hope the OEGB is the Daddy.

The other possibilities for Daddy are a Buff Cochin Bantam and a Black Frizzled Cochin Bantam that this hen and the OEGB rooster shared a pen with up until I separated them from the others. I dearly hope the babies are from the OEGBs or else I'll have some interesting mutts.

Back
Top Bottom