OEGB?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by d_rooster, Dec 30, 2007.

1. d_rooster

d_rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    I'm pretty sure this little darling in an Old English Game bantam. However, what color form is she?

[​IMG]

She is a silvery light grey on the back with a light brown on the breasts. Her legs are grey. If you think she is something entirely different than an OEGB, then I would like to know, too. I bought her from the local feed store and she was from a mix of bantams that they must have ordered from a hatchery. I've got a red pyle bantam rooster that came in the same batch as her.

2. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    She is a Fawn Silver Duckwing OEGB

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Wow she's pretty! I love the lacing!

And I'm SOO jealous.. WTH? My feedstore only has RIR, BR, NH, and Sex-linked.. and only by order in the spring. They NEVER have a bin full of chicks. I called another feedstore.. and the person who answered the phone SCOFFED at me when I asked if they sold any..

Meghan

4. d_rooster

d_rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    Although somewhat flighty when I've tried to catch her, she's a sweet, quiet little bird. I had her in a pen with the Red Pyle OEGB rooster that's pictured in my avatar photo for a few weeks. She laid 5 eggs that I now have in the incubator. The first one has pipped already. I can't wait to see the baby chicks from her. I just hope the OEGB is the Daddy.

The other possibilities for Daddy are a Buff Cochin Bantam and a Black Frizzled Cochin Bantam that this hen and the OEGB rooster shared a pen with up until I separated them from the others. I dearly hope the babies are from the OEGBs or else I'll have some interesting mutts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by