Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Pics
Name: Phoenix
Tribe: Cloud/Solar hybrid, calls herself a CloudWing for simplicity's sake.
Physical appearance: Fiery, coppery gold feathers with electric blue accents. She has bright blue eyes that almost seem to give off their own light. She tends to give off a faint golden glow in the dark. She has two long "tassle" feathers extending from her tail plume, with a peacock-like blue spot on the end of each. She's small compared to the average CloudWing.
Personality: Phoenix is painfully shy, but longs companionship. She's afraid of messing things up, so in the past she's stayed mostly a loner, for safety's sake. She does have a fiercer side to her, a side she's mostly repressed. She fears her own emotions, because they are dangerous to others. She's basically just a feathery, fluffy ball of anxiety.
Abilities: Phoenix's most notable ability is "flamefeathers" which is basically the fiery temperature fluctuations SolarWings have translated onto feathers. She has little control over this ability, probably because she's not full SolarWing, so it is largely dictated by her emotions. When calm, she is a temperature you can safely touch like any other dragon, but when she's upset, she sets alight with flames. When she's *very* upset, her feathers are a blinding white-hot color and her eyes glow. She also has very strong firebreath, but it hurts her throat if used often due to her CloudWing ancestry.

Backstory: Most of Phoenix's childhood was dictated by her mother, a SolarWing named Flare. Flare was a deeply unhappy dragon and she tended to take it out on her daughter and husband. She was constantly frustrated at Phoenix's lack of control over abilities, and it eventually ended in a fight that ended up with Flare chasing Phoenix away. Phoenix's father was the opposite though, a gentle dragon who loved Phoenix more than anything. He just never stood up to Flare.

Phoenix left and spent a long time on her own, eventually finding Corvus. Corvus ended up catching feelings for her, feelings that weren't reciprocated. Corvus was hurt, but he eventually gave her space. They remain good friends though.
Pheonix has got to be one of my favorites lol

Me too me too… how many characters do we have rn?
6 dragons including Pheonix and Corvus. If we are including the ominous and elusive Marcus, 7 lol. No one has made a human character yet, but hey, dragons are obviously the better species

They *mostly* stay out of each others way, the humans have developed much more formidable defense against dragons, and dragons don’t want to be murdered by machine guns thanks
Oh DANG. When you say modern, you mean MODERN modern!! 😳

Anyway, I had a really cool idea!
What if the Scorpion Den got taken over by the humans, who chased all the SandWings out and made it into a black market-type place for poachers, mercenaries, dragon buyers/sellers, hired hands. Just a Jurassic World Dominion “black market dinosaur place” like dis:
8B5EC7DE-9D0A-4A34-9F30-89A7590824A1.jpeg

What if the Scorpion Den got taken over by the humans, who chased all the SandWings out and made it into a black market-type place for poachers, mercenaries, dragon buyers/sellers, hired hands. Just a Jurassic World Dominion “black market dinosaur place” like dis:
View attachment 3466993
(THAT IS A FANTASTIC IDEA)

View attachment 3466993
YES. ALL OF THE YES.

Also, where do your dragon tribes live?
Honestly if anyone has a suggestion, I’m open; atm when the rp starts, im thinking that Neoma has been living alone for several years, ever since Milza killed Kyler and left with Darltrax. I was thinking Neoma lived somewhere at the edge of a forest with rly tall trees! I’m thinking on Pantala because she doesn’t know a whole lot about the other dragons (Sea, Rain, Night, etc.) other than that they “threw her kind out” a long time ago. Honestly I’m excited for Neoma to be discovered by someone or meet someone, I have a feeling it will really affect her character in some ways!
Also am I the only person who literally doesn’t know what will happen with their character and has next to no plan? I love letting my character live unexpectedly from one moment to the next!! Anyone else? Sometimes even I get surprised by what my character does 😂

Back
Top Bottom