Off pullet?

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
One of my Sapphire Gem pullets is looking off and I’m not happy with her behaviour. Eyes clear, no drainage, breathing sounds clear. I see no off looking poop in her pen and brought her inside to observe as a precaution. It was very cold yesterday, but the younger chicks aren’t showing signs of chills. She’s drinking, but wasn’t interested in feeding and has a full, but soft crop. No smell and clean vent, only about 3 months old. Eats medicated crumbles and had some scratch yesterday to give them some fun in the cold

892B9ED2-689A-4233-BDDB-1D875365119C.jpeg

F0459434-2718-4079-B02E-F706AC57B13E.jpeg

ADBA10E5-F9F8-4AA3-A71E-36CFF820F4D5.jpeg

How long has she been on the ground?
I'd start them on a course of Corid regardless of them being on medicated starter. I'd give her 1/4 tsp undiluted very carefully to the side of her beak and let it wick in. Give that for 3 days in a row in addition to the Corid water. Follow the dilution directions for a mild outbreak.

How long has she been on the ground?
I'd start them on a course of Corid regardless of them being on medicated starter. I'd give her 1/4 tsp undiluted very carefully to the side of her beak and let it wick in. Give that for 3 days in a row in addition to the Corid water. Follow the dilution directions for a mild outbreak.
Just check the calendar and she’s actually 8 weeks. They’ve been outside on little excursions a few times since a week old. Just moved to the coop about 2 weeks ago maybe? Thank you, I’ll start them on it

Not to knock anyone but typical oral drench dosage of Corid 9.6 is 0.1mL per pound, so 1/4 teaspon is a 12 pound chicken dosage. I dont think it would cause any adverse side effects, just wanted to mention the recommended dosage.

Not to knock anyone but typical oral drench dosage of Corid 9.6 is 0.1mL per pound, so 1/4 teaspon is a 12 pound chicken dosage. I dont think it would cause any adverse side effects, just wanted to mention the recommended dosage.
I wasn’t sure if it was a severe treatment dose kind of thing? She’s looking very poorly tonight 😭 Very bloody stools and super puffed up, but finally nibbled a tiny bit of scrambled egg. Should she have a heat lamp on? Honey water? I’m worried her crop is still very full for not eating anything yesterday and today

I wasn’t sure if it was a severe treatment dose kind of thing? She’s looking very poorly tonight 😭 Very bloody stools and super puffed up, but finally nibbled a tiny bit of scrambled egg. Should she have a heat lamp on? Honey water? I’m worried her crop is still very full for not eating anything yesterday and today
It might be! Ive always treated 0.1mL per lb when oral drenching twice a day for 3 days but there might be other dosages Im not familiar with. I also treat the entire flock when I have a cocci outbreak 10mL of corid per gallon changed out every other day for 7 days, no other water sources during treatment. Then 2.5mL per gal for 7 more days.

When I have an isolated bird I use a quart waterer with 2.5ml of corid per quart for 7 days. Then 0.75mL per quart for another 7 days. This helps avoid wasting medicine since 1 gallon of water changed every other day for 1 bird is an over kill. I wish you the best, cocci is horrible but looks like your on top of it.

It might be! Ive always treated 0.1mL per lb when oral drenching twice a day for 3 days but there might be other dosages Im not familiar with. I also treat the entire flock when I have a cocci outbreak 10mL of corid per gallon changed out every other day for 7 days, no other water sources during treatment. Then 2.5mL per gal for 7 more days.

When I have an isolated bird I use a quart waterer with 2.5ml of corid per quart for 7 days. Then 0.75mL per quart for another 7 days. This helps avoid wasting medicine since 1 gallon of water changed every other day for 1 bird is an over kill. I wish you the best, cocci is horrible but looks like your on top of it.
The two Gems are about 1 lb 13 oz and the BCM is 12is oz I think. That sounds very confusing to dose such a tiny amount 😩 I don’t math well lol. We have a million different syringes for my kids, I can figure it out 🤞🏼 I mix the rest in half gallon portions with a tsp mixed in and take some fresh out every few hours and refill as needed. The sick ward and prefab they came out of have little dishes so they won’t waste it, little shaving kicking turds

Back
Top Bottom