Off pullet?

@Weeg @ChickenLeg

I use a syringe to drip the liquid onto the tip of the beak (sometimes a bit to the side) and stroke their throat so they swallow. Been super paranoid about drowning them! It’s slow, but sometimes they’ll drink from the tip like a nipple waterer. Just depends on how energetic they are feeling

@DobieLover

Day 3 for the original chick, her poops are slightly improved. No fresh blood for her. Still the most lethargic of the three, but wasn’t easy to drench 🎉 Refuses to eat though. Making her a Corid mash as she liked that most. Won’t perch

Day 2 for Gem2 and BCM. BCM has very bad droppings, but in good spirits and feeding happily. Gem2 has normal droppings and feeding well. Neither will french easily, but I did get a few minute drops in. Won’t perch

Prefab flock all looking well and excited for fresh feed, as well as Corid water. Perching and singing, hoping they all continue in health. Stripped their bedding as carefully as I could, new shavings down. Medicated feed

July/August flock in the other half of the coop and with access to run show zero signs, but still receiving Corid water as only water source. They eat All Flock pellets and scraps
Go 5 days with the drench on all of them.
Making mash with Corid water is another great way of getting the amprolium into them throughout the day if they are willingly eating.

@Weeg @ChickenLeg

I use a syringe to drip the liquid onto the tip of the beak (sometimes a bit to the side) and stroke their throat so they swallow. Been super paranoid about drowning them! It’s slow, but sometimes they’ll drink from the tip like a nipple waterer. Just depends on how energetic they are feeling
Ive never tried to drip it to them, but if they take it all then anyway that works is good! there are some good articles and youtube vids that show how to drench with the syringe in the mouth to ensure they get it all and it only takes a couple seconds. I too was paranoid at first but once youve had to deworm 50 chickens at once it becomes 2nd nature lol.

Go 5 days with the drench on all of them.
Making mash with Corid water is another great way of getting the amprolium into them throughout the day if they are willingly eating.
Extending the time was going to be my next question. Thank you! The mash has been going really well and all three have been nibbling on it

Ive never tried to drip it to them, but if they take it all then anyway that works is good! there are some good articles and youtube vids that show how to drench with the syringe in the mouth to ensure they get it all and it only takes a couple seconds. I too was paranoid at first but once youve had to deworm 50 chickens at once it becomes 2nd nature lol.
Definitely will need to change the method when it’s time to worm everyone! Off to check out some videos and maybe I’ll try it tonight

Definitely will need to change the method when it’s time to worm everyone! Off to check out some videos and maybe I’ll try it tonight
Best of luck 👍👍 once you do it once or twice you'll feel like a pro. Hope they keep improving, coccidiosis is my worst enemy in my life lol.

We finally seem to be at the turning point this morning! The first and worst chick is still puffed up, but taking feed for the first time 🎉 Everyone seems to have improved droppings and I do not see fresh blood currently. Gem2 is looking very well and quite feisty. BCM ran away from me trying to pick her up and is back to jumping everywhere lol. Thank you all for the encouragement and hopeful thoughts, let’s keep it coming 💕

Hopefully this is the last update needed 🤞🏼 Everyone is looking hale and hearty today, very active and not puffed up at all. They’ll stay in another day or two for the last treatment and to harden off the heat again.

190A1A54-E49E-429E-8630-04B33FDA699D.jpeg

80513982-5467-480F-A082-AE9BF30D8CA8.jpeg

Not to knock anyone but typical oral drench dosage of Corid 9.6 is 0.1mL per pound, so 1/4 teaspon is a 12 pound chicken dosage. I dont think it would cause any adverse side effects, just wanted to mention the recommended dosage.
Do you know the dosage of Cocciprol to dredge one chick. I have treated all the others but have one sick 10 week old with bloody poop. She won't eat I have given her some cocciprol bu syringe about 3ml of normal dose then fed her a slurry of week tea egg yolk vitamins and a dash of Gatorade with a tiny bit of probiotic powder she's been bathed and blow dried and is keeping warm in a box with a chick warmer. She's very sleepy. None of the others were affected I found her this morning in the brooder like this. I'm worried. She's a Crevecoeur.

Do you know the dosage of Cocciprol to dredge one chick. I have treated all the others but have one sick 10 week old with bloody poop. She won't eat I have given her some cocciprol bu syringe about 3ml of normal dose then fed her a slurry of week tea egg yolk vitamins and a dash of Gatorade with a tiny bit of probiotic powder she's been bathed and blow dried and is keeping warm in a box with a chick warmer. She's very sleepy. None of the others were affected I found her this morning in the brooder like this. I'm worried. She's a Crevecoeur.
This article will have all the info you need, you'll want to treat with Corid ASAP.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ol-ampromed-the-correct-amprolium-dose.73341/

Back
Top Bottom