Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
Can quail use horizontal nipple waterers eventually or do they need the cups that I see everyone seemingly use with quail?
My older ones are hopeless when it comes to the nipples, but the 3 week olds seem to have figured them out. The biggest problem I’ve had is they don’t have the strength to push the valve very hard so if they’re stiffer nipples they give up because they don’t get any water. That’s been my experience with them anyways. :)

Okay, some pictures from yesterday, I thought she took more, I'll do my own pictures next time so I can be sure I get all the eggs :). 42B66692-A327-4C3E-8ACE-668B97DDB166.jpeg B5ECA9BE-5C8C-4831-98DA-9A065690DF45.jpeg 0603F37D-CE77-41A4-BC1D-AFBCC3316C60.jpeg

So my eggs arrived but USPS did not follow the sender's instructions: hold at post office for pickup. Who knows if this is the reason, but 5 eggs came broken. Luckily there are still 14 (the sender sent me TONS of freebies!).

I carefully wiped off the egg off the other eggs, but did not rinse or anything. Is wiping the yolk off going to do damage to the remaining eggs? Help!

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

So my eggs arrived but USPS did not follow the sender's instructions: hold at post office for pickup. Who knows if this is the reason, but 5 eggs came broken. Luckily there are still 14 (the sender sent me TONS of freebies!).
I carefully wiped off the egg off the other eggs, but did not rinse or anything. Is wiping the yolk off going to do damage to the remaining eggs? Help!

View attachment 2374394
View attachment 2374395

I’m not sure about washing the yolk off. I know you’re not supposed to but in this case I’d be tempted to do so.

View attachment 2374394
View attachment 2374395
Yes you should wipe off the mess when they break in shipping to reduce likelihood of bacteria getting into the good eggs during incubation.

Back
Top Bottom