Officer (Leskin) Well I swear this is never ending post 306

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by Holly O, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Thomas423

Thomas423 Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Port Deposit, MD
    You can take them Holly. lol

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with the neighbor and officer but I have confidence in you that you will not go down without a fight.

Anne

2. Holly O

Holly O Songster

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    Quote:Ohh Anne ... I just read your signature.. I'm so sorry to see that.

I do want to thank you for your vote of Confidence. It means a lot to me coming from you.

3. rufus

rufus Crowing

May 17, 2007
    Be careful, very careful. Real nut cases are drawn to jobs like "Compliance Officer." They are not playing with a full deck. The BTK killer was a compliance officer.

It might be a smart move to have a lawyer do the talking for you.

Rufus

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    my neighbor is a laywer he gets out of all his speeding tickets [​IMG]

5. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Songster

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Can we say--MEDIA!

6. Puck-Puck

Puck-Puck Songster

I've read the thread and I do understand that you have a nuisance neighbour and a nuisance compliance officer, and that you're willing to go to court with this, for reasons that I do understand. But, goodness, knowing Mrs. Snoopy for what she is (and how close does she live to you that she can watch what goes on inside your house?) why not simply draw the curtains from time to time, so you can keep your business inside your house???

7. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    LOL do something that she can't do ANYTHING about that will annoy the s### outa her like paint your house neon orange with purple polka dots (maybe the paint job will make her froget all about your chickens) AND plant some bushes or something infront of your windows. LOL

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Oh goodness, that would be a priceless thing to see her face expression!

Quote:

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Actually, rather than plant bushes in front of your windows, plant tall fast-growing shrubs against your fence to make a very tall dense screen that she cannot see through from her yard. I can think of a lot of plants local to here that would do the trick, but I doubt that oleanders would grow there--too cold. Consider raising the height of your fence so that she cannot easily peek over.

As for the police chief being the one who is presing the issue, get advice from elsewhere--a neighboring township, the state, or your lawyer. You might also force the issue by suing the township for harrassment, asking for your legal bill, court costs and written acknowledgement that your chickens do not violate any ordinance enacted previous to your acquisition of them. List the township , each person who has promulgated the lies and inaccuracies and your neighbor.

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:
    Next conversation, mention the goats, or perhaps "the parrot with the nasty language, and however are you going to break him of his vocabulary?"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: