Official Button Quail Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, May 24, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I am Addicted to these little quail, and would Love to see other people's Button Quail!!! I am getting a pair this Thursday, so I will be able to post pictures then! So please Show Off your Button Quail!!! [​IMG]

2. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    [​IMG]
    The product of my buttons LOL

[​IMG]
    Some of the Bs

[​IMG]
    more of the Bs they are a weeeee bit camera shy and I dont DARE remove them from their lovely home or they get angry LOL

[​IMG]
    playing in the sand box LOL

I love love love my buttons, you may not be able to eat the birds but the eggs make the bestest pickled eggs you ever ate and not to mention they are like Paxil....all you have to do is take two daily doses of 10 minute intervals watching these guys in the day time its HILARIOUS!

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Oh, I was not planning on eating my buttons. [​IMG]
    They are going to be my Pets! I have wanted some Buttons so long .. I can't remember when I first wanted some!!!
    Love your Buttons missred871

4. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Oh, I was not planning on eating my buttons. [​IMG]
    They are going to be my Pets! I have wanted some Buttons so long .. I can't remember when I first wanted some!!!
    Love your Buttons missred871

LOL I know I never planned on eating mine either but a lot of people think they arent good for anything because you cant eat the bird itself. Go check your other thread. I posted in it for you. I dont think you should spend more money where it isnt needed the best thing to do with buttons is let them show you what they want. they are quite low maintantence really​

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I think one of my pages has pics of some of mine, I have 20 or so, not really sure [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Okay, thank!!! I just think Buttons are the cutest little things! I already know I'm going to get addicted to them! LOL

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Pictures of my Button Quail Pair I got today!
    The female is named " Bunny " and the male is named " Buttons. "

Bunny & Buttons checking out their new pen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Buttons.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  8. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    awe they are cuuute. i have a male and a female in those colors. Have fun with them, I know you asked me about a sandbox, and I dont believe I answered you, we use a small drawer out of one of those table top organizers with the 5 drawers. You can cut a sall cardboard box or use a shoebox top or even a shallow plastic reusable container anything that will hold about 3/4 of an in of sand or so. They will have it all out within a day or two lol.

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Thanks!! What color are they?
    Okay when I get back Monday or so I'll try and find'em somthin'!

10. missred871

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    they are regular wild color I think I answered u in your other post but I will put it here in case you are watching this one more. They are also known as the blue chinese button. That is just a fancy way of saying this is the general color they are found in the wild.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by