Ended Official BYC 12th Annual 2021 New Year's Day Hatch-Along! - Meet My Fur Baby Contest!

Entry 1: I have one fat cat named Duncan. His favorite hobbies are catching chipmunks, fighting with the neighbor's cat, and putting them on the porch, as well as sitting in my spot on the bed. We got Duncan around four years ago when we adopted him from a family who had to rehome him, because they had had a baby and the baby turned out to be allergic to cats. Apparently he was about 9 years old in human years when we got him, so now he's around 13. I've tried to train him to do tricks but he was not a fan. He's not command trained, but he'll stand on his hind legs for a treat if you hold it above his head. I think he's just a mix, with maybe some maine coon in there, because he's HUGE! I have a story about him that MIGHT be true but I'm not sure.....APPARENTLY Duncan was on Broadway in the musical Legally Blonde. I don't think that there's a cat in it, but maybe there was in the musical? Apparently, there's someone in New York that takes shelter animals, trains them to do a season in a show, and adopts them out after the show goes off Broadway. I don't know if this is for real, but hey! Anything is possible! I don't have the best pics of him because he's all black, so there's not really a lot of contrast, especially when he closes his eyes. He looks like a vaguely cat shaped blob of darkness most of the time.

View attachment 2459732

A Broadway star and a stealth camo kitty! He's amazing!!

This is Ella. I’ve go so much to say about my sweet Li’l puppy dog. We got her when she was 7 1/2 weeks old back in June. She was our “quarantine puppy” lol, and she was the cutest thing ever. Shes now about 9 months old. She’s a Labrador Retriever (yellow lab), and full bred. In the first 2 or so months it was pretty hard training her not to poop or pee in the house, not to chase our cats, and all that jazz, but then after awhile she was the most amazing puppy I could ever imagine. We were able to teach her to sit, stay while we walked away, fetch a ball or stick (or really anything), and bring it back to us, we taught her how to go to her spot in the woods to use the bathroom, and my personal favorite, we taught her how to pull a paw with one word. She gave me something amazing to do, and have a purpose of waking up in the mornings. I LOVED taking her on walks up our road, and giving her belly rubs, and just going exploring with her by my side.

we adopted her at a little pet shop in town, and bringing her home Made my heart beat like crazy, I was just so excited. I actually had spent nearly the whole first part of the year trying to convince my parents to get her, and we finally did.
CC0D8132-E3C0-4A26-8FD6-E9B63AC5FAA9.jpeg

*sigh* so, fast forward 5 months after we get her, everyone but me decides they don’t want to have to deal with how much time she took up, so they decided to give her away. I miss her bunches and I’d still do anything to try to get her back, but I suppose I’ll have to wait until I’m older to go get her. The. New owners are very nice. Anyway, there’s my number 1 entry, and my number 1 pet.

This is Ella. I’ve go so much to say about my sweet Li’l puppy dog. We got her when she was 7 1/2 weeks old back in June. She was our “quarantine puppy” lol, and she was the cutest thing ever. Shes now about 9 months old. She’s a Labrador Retriever (yellow lab), and full bred. In the first 2 or so months it was pretty hard training her not to poop or pee in the house, not to chase our cats, and all that jazz, but then after awhile she was the most amazing puppy I could ever imagine. We were able to teach her to sit, stay while we walked away, fetch a ball or stick (or really anything), and bring it back to us, we taught her how to go to her spot in the woods to use the bathroom, and my personal favorite, we taught her how to pull a paw with one word. She gave me something amazing to do, and have a purpose of waking up in the mornings. I LOVED taking her on walks up our road, and giving her belly rubs, and just going exploring with her by my side.

we adopted her at a little pet shop in town, and bringing her home Made my heart beat like crazy, I was just so excited. I actually had spent nearly the whole first part of the year trying to convince my parents to get her, and we finally did.
View attachment 2459753
*sigh* so, fast forward 5 months after we get her, everyone but me decides they don’t want to have to deal with how much time she took up, so they decided to give her away. I miss her bunches and I’d still do anything to try to get her back, but I suppose I’ll have to wait until I’m older to go get her. The. New owners are very nice. Anyway, there’s my number 1 entry, and my number 1 pet.

Aww, she looks so sweet! I'm sorry you didn't get to keep her. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom