Ended Official BYC 12th Annual 2021 New Year's Day Hatch-Along! - Meet My Fur Baby Contest!

Pics
How do you know when they're old and have hip issues and stuff?

My dog is getting old and I sometimes wonder when he'll show signs of being old since he's a strictly outside dog so it's not like I'll notice "accidents" or things that pet parents/owners notice on their inside pets.

I do see him sunbathing a lot, but I don't know if that's because it's winter or because he's getting old.

Just like us humans, they start to move slower and slower. Most pets even get gray fur. You could give your dog glucosamine to help with their joint movements

Just like us humans, they start to move slower and slower. Most pets even get gray fur. You could give your dog glucosamine to help with their joint movements

I'll look that up thanks. Oh yes, Ryder has gray fur. A gray beard. Gray paws. Gray all over his fur. So the gray is there. I'll start looking at his movements. I just want him to live as long as possible, but as comfortable as possible.

I read Labs live to be like 12 and he's already close to 8 so I hope he breaks records on life spans.

,.bc.PNG

Not an entry, but Duke is on the floor, we were dog sitting "Gus" lover boy beyond all sweeties. Gus is like a mini me younger Duke....Duke not jealous at all...oh the drama...(Side note... yes Duke made that wall dirty.)

# 1

This is Bess... she looks like a fur baby, but don’t be fooled... she is a deadly killer.

Her momma was a stray cat we took in that turned out to be preggers... her poppa is unknown but he was most likely a ninja.

Bess mostly likes to exterminate rodents and take naps, but when she’s not doing those things she climbs trees and helps train her turkey friend to look out for dangerous critters.

427A2098-FED4-4D7C-A6D4-182E2D109737.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you know when they're old and have hip issues and stuff?

My dog is getting old and I sometimes wonder when he'll show signs of being old since he's a strictly outside dog so it's not like I'll notice "accidents" or things that pet parents/owners notice on their inside pets.

I do see him sunbathing a lot, but I don't know if that's because it's winter or because he's getting old.

You just start to notice little things....a little limo for a second after a big jump, a reluctance to make the big jumps that used to be no problem, stuff like that. With Monro, I started noticing a light clicking on his hips when he was walking by me then I started noticing him not wanting to jump as high. He still runs through the house like a bit though and "peels out" on the kitchen floor. You may start to notice less muscle mass around the hips too as they avoid using them. A dog I had growing up ended up building her shoulder muscles really large because she would compensate for her terribly painful hips. The best glucosamine I've found for them is MSM glucosamine at GNC.

Say hello to Nugget ! Nugget is a 2yr old Siamese mixed brat. He was named by where we got him. A chicken swap! He was a very sick kitty for a while but the vet got him all fixed up and he has been a laugh a minute ever since. His favorite past time is to beg for food even though his bowl is full all the time. LOL
100_2979.JPG

1608687254949.png
This is binx, not the best picture but you get the idea. Binx is one ferocious hunter ! He even brought me a coon once. I adopted Binx from an animal shelter and he refused to stay in the house so he became our barn kitty.
One day he was missing and the whole family went looking. I found him on the side of the house half dead. I rushed him to the vets and it seems he tangled with a coyote. All the skin and muscle was missing from his side. The vet showed me where his bones were scraped by canine teeth. The vet showed me how to scrub his wound which covered the whole half of his side and thats what I did. He recovered slowly then went right back to his old tricks. He had become wiser however as he started sleeping on the roof. Again , no way to keep a good cat down ! Binx is a forest cat and about 9 yrs old now . He dont hunt as much as he used to but like my other critters, he dont need to.

Back
Top Bottom