Ended Official BYC 12th Annual 2021 New Year's Day Hatch-Along! - Meet My Fur Baby Contest!

Pics
View attachment 2460321This is binx, not the best picture but you get the idea. Binx is one ferocious hunter ! He even brought me a coon once. I adopted Binx from an animal shelter and he refused to stay in the house so he became our barn kitty.
One day he was missing and the whole family went looking. I found him on the side of the house half dead. I rushed him to the vets and it seems he tangled with a coyote. All the skin and muscle was missing from his side. The vet showed me where his bones were scraped by canine teeth. The vet showed me how to scrub his wound which covered the whole half of his side and thats what I did. He recovered slowly then went right back to his old tricks. He had become wiser however as he started sleeping on the roof. Again , no way to keep a good cat down ! Binx is a forest cat and about 9 yrs old now . He dont hunt as much as he used to but like my other critters, he dont need to.

Whoa! That is one tough kitty.

Bess keeping watch for dangerous toothy critters while her turkey friend takes a nap on the “lounging log”

1FF22B79-04EE-4B26-85FE-04F9A43759A4.jpeg

Bess and I like to swap jokes... this is her favorite, every time she tries to tell it to me she cracks up and can barely get to the punchline.

A turkey walks into a bar and asks: "Got any Bread?"

Barman says: "No."

Turkey says: "Got any bread?"

Barman says: "No, we have no bread."

Barman says: "No, we haven't got any bread!"

Barman says: "No, We haven't got any bread, and if you ask me again and I'll nail your beak to the bar you irritating turkey!"

Turkey says: "Got any nails?"

Barman says: "No"

Turkey says: "Got any bread?

75816C32-30BB-4724-9DCE-88FAD504DBBE.jpeg

Bess and I like to swap jokes... this is her favorite, every time she tries to tell it to me she cracks up and can barely get to the punchline.

A turkey walks into a bar and asks: "Got any Bread?"

Barman says: "No, we have no bread."

Barman says: "No, we haven't got any bread!"

Barman says: "No, We haven't got any bread, and if you ask me again and I'll nail your beak to the bar you irritating turkey!"

Turkey says: "Got any nails?"

Barman says: "No"

Turkey says: "Got any bread?

View attachment 2460385

:lau

This is Beau, Bubz or Bubby. Registered name is Beau. He’s a Cane Corso (pronounced “kah nay” not like candy cane) also known as an Italian Mastiff. He’s a people dog, but only for HIS people. Guarding comes naturally to this breed, I dare someone to come visit our property uninvited!

We spent a year researching a good guard dog, wanted it to be a mastiff and wanted it to live longer than 7 years. Cane Corso was a perfect fit as they live 9 to 11 years and are an active breed. All 4 of our dogs are raw fed and with 2 being mastiffs the food bill is over $400 a month :oops:
21A03E61-2661-4DF4-8A5A-C739C228EE08.jpeg

This is Mallace. She’s a Dogo Argentino also known as an Argentinian Mastiff. They were originally bred to hunt and take down wild boar, but we have her just because 🤗

We thought oh well, what’s another dog... She is very nervous and anxious. We can’t really take her anywhere, which is fine but she WAS going to be my hiking buddy. Where some people would just “get rid of the problem”, she’s here to stay with us until she dies. We did learn a good lesson though... don’t take the last dog from a litter. She was expensive and well bred, just is a nervous wreck! The others from her litter are a much better representation of a Dogo, a fearless go getter.
8E4D9548-AC19-4A06-AF18-3101DB4381E4.jpeg

This is Sir Bungilous Noodilous or Bungie. I actually had Bungilous Noodilous engraved on his collar lol

He’s a miniature Dachshund and is about 5 years old. Fearless squir (squirrel) hunter and killer of the bouncing land squirs (rabbits). We had 8 rats in the Ratinator trap a couple months ago. We let one out at a time and he quickly killed each one. No cruel drowning or shooting. Quick shake, dead.

He is one of the naughtiest weenies... he tip toes into the kitchen so you can’t hear him. He watches when you turn your back to your food and will help himself when you’re not looking. He also sneaks into the bed, and the photo below is me exposing his naughtiness.
8F14C673-9B85-40F2-87AD-945CA1C19B35.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom