Ended Official BYC 12th Annual 2021 New Year's Day Hatch-Along! - Meet My Fur Baby Contest!

Pics
IMG_20191203_113246.jpg

Yes there is a real dog in those wrinkles.
This is River our bloodhound when she was a wee pup.
Looks like a Monday face to me lol.

Not an entry.

Tilly....sweet Tilly.

At the beginning of covid shutdown here she was a bit nutty about having to stay home. Cue baby fits in Pops chair. 😒

IMG_20200419_070639.jpg

October 24, 2019 River came home at 8 weeks old. I puppy sat an additional 4 pups for a week. Tilly had unsupervised time in the giant dog run outside. Turns out that was REALLY REALLY REALLY bad.
Just under 2 weeks after River came home Tilly nearly died.....seriously a frogs butt hair from dead.
She had swallowed a rock while playing in the yard. At noon I had her in the vets office because she seemed "off". At 1:30 am she violently vomited a HUGE pile of blood. The emergency clinic said she could wait for the regular vet. At 4 am she was catatonic. I took her in to the hospital with hubs help to load her up. She spent 6 days in the hospital with acute hemorrhagic enteritis. After a month of syringe feeding her every couple hours she FINALLY was able to eat on her own.
To go from that to her temper tantrum about staying home made me so incredibly happy.

She still panics a bit if I have to leave.

IMG_20191207_151101.jpg
Extremely concerned when I stepped NEAR the door.

Rocks are bad....very very bad.

Last edited:
This is Ruby, a 5 1/2 year old mix breed of fur. Her mom was dropped off on the property, pregnant, she was a nasty mean thing but the kittens were nice. I kept Ruby, there was just something special about her from the time she was a close eyed little thing. She's mostly an outdoor cat, avid hunter of mice, birds, squirrels, and rabbits, and a cat napper. She is loving the Christmas tree and can sleep for hours under it.

View attachment 2461838
Who is next to Ruby?

Not an entry.

Tilly....sweet Tilly.

At the beginning of covid shutdown here she was a bit nutty about having to stay home. Cue baby fits in Pops chair. 😒

View attachment 2461874

October 24, 2019 River came home at 8 weeks old. I puppy sat an additional 4 pups for a week. Tilly had unsupervised time in the giant dog run outside. Turns out that was REALLY REALLY REALLY bad.
Just under 2 weeks after River came home Tilly nearly died.....seriously a frogs butt hair from dead.
She had swallowed a rock while playing in the yard. At noon I had her in the vets office because she seemed "off". At 1:30 am she violently vomited a HUGE pile of blood. The emergency clinic said she could wait for the regular vet. At 4 am she was catatonic. I took her in to the hospital with hubs help to load her up. She spent 6 days in the hospital with acute hemorrhagic enteritis. After a month of syringe feeding her every couple hours she FINALLY was able to eat on her own.
To go from that to her temper tantrum about staying home made me so incredibly happy.

View attachment 2461887

Oh poor baby! :hugs I am glad she is ok!!

Not an entry.

Tilly....sweet Tilly.

View attachment 2461874

View attachment 2461887

What a scare! I’m glad she’s ok now. She is beautiful. What breed is she?

I think we are both a little mentally scarred by it all. It is a miracle she lived.

This spring I will be hauling 10+ tons of pea gravel to bury that run in. No more dadgum digging!
Oh absolutely, dogs never get over traumatic events like this, I wouldn't either!

Back
Top Bottom