Ended Official BYC 2023 Summer Fair Contest—Handcrafts Contest

I knit..scarves. lol. I could not do something like that. I don't know anyone that knits aside from me. You are very talented..
Do you know anyone that knits? I could send them the pattern. I could even make you one, but it would probably be spring before I could start since my queue is so long. 😄

I knit..scarves. lol. I could not do something like that. I don't know anyone that knits aside from me. You are very talented..
Yeah, it looks like you are sewer, something I can't bring myself to do enough to be good at. 😄

If you ever find yourself knitting more in the future you can look up the pattern on ravelry. An advanced beginner could make it and it would look mostly the same, especially since a lot of getting it to look good is all about sewing the body and details together.

Yeah, it looks like you are sewer, something I can't bring myself to do enough to be good at. 😄

If you ever find yourself knitting more in the future you can look up the pattern on ravelry. An advanced beginner could make it and it would look mostly the same, especially since a lot of getting it to look good is all about sewing the body and details together.
I think you could sew easily as good as you can crochet. I'm into structured crafts/arts. I like to be in control. If it's fluid, it's not my strong suit. Embroidery is as fluid as it gets for me and even then I do structured stitches..

I think you could sew easily as good as you can crochet. I'm into structured crafts/arts. I like to be in control. If it's fluid, it's not my strong suit. Embroidery is as fluid as it gets for me and even then I do structured stitches..
Yeah, it is so weird, I try to sew more, and I can pull off basic stuff and repairs. My mom sews and taught me when I was little, I just gravitated towards knitting and it kind of ensnared me. 😄 I will literally walk past the sewing I am "supposed" to do and grab a ball of yarn and some needles. 😂

Yeah, it is so weird, I try to sew more, and I can pull off basic stuff and repairs. My mom sews and taught me when I was little, I just gravitated towards knitting and it kind of ensnared me. 😄 I will literally walk past the sewing I am "supposed" to do and grab a ball of yarn and some needles. 😂
I'm that way with hemming jeans..oh gosh..hate it. I'm short...I sorta have to do it or the bottom of my jeans get wrecked..lol

I knit this shawl a while ago, but its still one of my favorites. The yarn does so much of the work! Its a merino and silk blend with green glass beads added.

1689464394784.png

1689464330073.png

I knit this shawl a while ago, but its still one of my favorites. The yarn does so much of the work! Its a merino and silk blend with green glass beads added.

View attachment 3578067

View attachment 3578064
Wow, that is stunning.

Did the points behave for you while you wore it? You must have had to thread on so many beads! That alone deserves this emoji. :bow

That is so funny that you are from Scranton. I was just watching The Office. 😄

Wow, that is stunning.

Did the points behave for you while you wore it? You must have had to thread on so many beads! That alone deserves this emoji. :bow

That is so funny that you are from Scranton. I was just watching The Office. 😄
The points eventually get less pointy. When it gets looking too much like ramen noodles, then I wash and pin it back out to block it crisp again.

The beads help weight it down somewhat tho.

And luckily the beads didnt have to be preloaded on the yarn, they were placed as needed with a crochet hook on each stitch. I think I'd have lost my mind if I had to pre-thread them there were soooooooooo many, around 900 if I remember right.

Technically I'm not from Scranton, but my little town barely makes it on the map. Scranton is the nearest "big" city and is fairly recognizable just for the reason you mentioned so I usually use it as my location! :D

And luckily the beads didnt have to be preloaded on the yarn, they were placed as needed with a crochet hook on each stitch. I think I'd have lost my mind if I had to pre-thread them there were soooooooooo many, around 900 if I remember right.
Oh good. That is a good idea so no one ends up losing their mind. 😄
Technically I'm not from Scranton, but my little town barely makes it on the map. Scranton is the nearest "big" city and is fairly recognizable just for the reason you mentioned so I usually use it as my location!
That makes sense. I live in a tiny town, too, so I'll usually just tell folks how far I am from the capital.

Back
Top Bottom