azurbanclucker

Science! 🥃🦖
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Apr 29, 2017
Korriban
14_Handcrafts Contest.jpg

No fair would be complete without a showing of handcrafted items! If you quilt, let’s see your handiwork. Show off your knitting or leatherwork skills. Do you enjoy basket weaving or taxidermy? Maybe you have a knack for woodcarving or candle making? It’s time to share what you love to make!

The Handcrafts Contest is a judged photo contest.

Prizes
PlacePrize
First$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
Second$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
Third$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
Fourth1-month PFM
BYC Store Gift Certificates are available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States, they will be awarded the PFM instead.

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. An entry is *one* picture of a craft made by you. One entry per post, please.
  2. Include a brief description of the entry, and list the mediums you used.
  3. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  4. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the photo. No collages.
  5. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  6. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  7. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  8. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  9. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
Entries will be accepted until August 20th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

From left to right, photos by:
@Rise722, @Eddie12109, @EverythingDucks, @azurbanclucker, & @birds4c

From left to right, photos by:
@The Phantom, @StinkyAcres, & @Silviaschicks

Not an entry
Ok, so I made a mini clay sculpture, and I'm not sure if it's appropriate.
It's one of those sculptures of a female torso that is completely smoothed over and has no arms or legs. I think it's really cool, and I've tried painting it multiple times but I just couldn't do it right.

Is this allowed?
Sculpture would go in the art contest here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-summer-fair-contest—artwork-contest.1589078/

As to the subject, can you start a private conversation with myself and @casportpony and send us a photo? We can help determine if it's appropriate.

Thanks!

This is Bella, the fiercest rainbow unicorn this side of the Mississippi. Be careful that she doesn't stomple all over you. 😄
View attachment 3570419
She is made of mainly wool, and a tiny bit of cotton and acrylic yarn, with some embroidery floss. Stuffed with wool. Pattern is from the Ravelry website.
Super cool. Do you happen to have a larger image? This one's pretty small and it's hard to make out details.

Back
Top Bottom