Hope Springs Eternal
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
7_baked goods.png

Remember going to that one particular fair tent and drooling over all the delicious-looking pies, cakes, candies, and other homemade goodies that won ribbons?

This is your chance to show off your homemade baked creations. Let’s see your blue ribbon-worthy baked goods!

The Baked Goods Contest is a judged photo contest.

Prizes
PlacePrize
FirstA BYC Cookbook and a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
SecondA BYC Cookbook and a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
ThirdA BYC Cookbook and a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
FourthA BYC Cookbook and a 1-month PFM
The BYC Cookbook is available to winners that reside in the United States. If the winners are outside of the United States, they will be awarded just the PFM.

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. An entry is one picture of the finished baked item *and* one picture of the ingredients used to make it. One entry per post, please.
  2. Entries must be homemade by the member posting.
  3. Include a brief description of your baked item.
  4. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  5. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the photo. No collages.
  6. The photo must have been taken by you.
  7. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  8. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  9. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  10. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
Entries will be accepted until August 20th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

From left to right, photos by:
@Nbullinger, @Fluffybuttmomo, @Tookie, @DigMyChicks, & @Beaker99

From left to right, photos by:
@orloffer, @topochico225, & @HomesteaderWife

Do we have to take a picture of the actual ingredients or can we just list what we used? For example, if the recipe came from a recipe card, can I just post a picture of the card?
They require a picture of the actual ingredients. This was one of my entries from last year just to show you.
IMG_20220711_200115155.jpg
*NOT AN ENTRY THIS YEAR*

Do we have to take a picture of the actual ingredients or can we just list what we used? For example, if the recipe came from a recipe card, can I just post a picture of the card?

They require a picture of the actual ingredients. This was one of my entries from last year just to show you. View attachment 3572754 *NOT AN ENTRY THIS YEAR*
@tripletfeb is correct. We need a picture of the ingredients you used. It helps to prove you actually made it for the contest, plus it's just pretty to see. :)

Back
Top Bottom