Kindness costs nothing ..
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Aug 16, 2014
UK 🇬🇧
My Coop
My Coop
12_Favorite Fair Memories.png

What are your earliest or most memorable memories of the fair? Was it the first time you rode a roller coaster or the Ferris wheel? Was it that giant stuffed toy you won playing a game of chance? Were you in 4H and won a ribbon for your show chicken?

Share your favorite fair memory with us!

In this contest, the winners will be picked using a random number generator.

Prizes:
  • 3-month PFM! to at least three winners!

Rules:
  1. Post your favorite fair memory as a reply to this thread. The entry must be at least 100 words long.
  2. Only one entry per member will be accepted.
  3. Feel free to share a photo if it ties in with your story.
  4. We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.
  5. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  6. All BYC rules apply - Terms of Service (Rules)
Entries will be accepted until August 20th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.

My favorite memory is from when my youngest was still little. She was born autistic and had sensory processing issues. She was hypersensitive to sound and struggled with loud, noisy places. So you can imagine how hard fairs were for her...talk about sensory overload! Mean mom that I am, I'd take her anyway. Done right it's free therapy.

When she was 4 she had her first ah-ha fair moment in the poultry barn. Shes always been bird enchanted and that year she got to see those puff chested pigeons with their heads so far back you expect them to topple over. My little one got her intense focus on and studied those birds for the longest time. First time she was able to filter everything out enough to enjoy something she saw there. She loves pigeons to this day.

I don't know if it's my favorite but it's funny this year the steer I picked was like very skittish and a jerk if he wanted to be (like he would see somebody 100 feet away and and take off sometimes) well they made a new rule at the fair you have to walk your steer around the ring after you get there and if you can't handle him you don't get to show so I was going in it with him to walk him around for the people to see and he stopped so I was pulling on the rope and then I just fell on my butt because the braided part where the rope is on the snap came unbraided of all the times it could have happened and it did it there and I just was like thinking we'll never get him caught now because he was so nervous all the time about people but the people out in the ring got all around him and one guy grabbed the halter and he (the steer) just stood there and was fine! Praise The Lord!!!!!

Taking my kids to see the cows! We just LOVED seeing the cows close up, petting them, and taking selfies with them!
This is my daughter petting a cow. I remember it was a very hot day. Just visiting the animals was the only reason we even went to the fair . well that and the fresh cut french fries!. But I kept my family away from the carnival rides. I just didn’t like the atmosphere. We had fun with seeing the goats and the pigs and the bunnies and the birds, and sometimes went into the artwork building to look at photographs and paintings , but hanging out with the cows was always our favorite.!!
8CAF28E4-9D91-42E4-88A6-5B985E290FB2.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m from a small town in south Louisiana right on the beach. We didn’t have large livestock fairs and things like that but we would have a Blessing of the Fleet ‘fair’ every year. This is where they would bless our shrimp boats for a good prosperous season. My favorite memory from that is riding on the Ferris wheel and being able to look out from the top and seeing nothing but water in all directions. It is a feeling I can’t really describe but I will surly never forget it.
Not to mention the smell of fried seafood wafting around the place. The smells were amazing.

Back
Top Bottom