Ended Official BYC 2023 Summer Fair Contest—Standard-Bred Chicken Show

Pics
I want to eventually become an ornithologist after I'm fully ready for college in the coming years. But I'm wondering what it takes to become a judge in the poultry shows? Like is there any training? I also can't find out if there are poultry shows in the EU and if there aren't I'd like to eventually start the first one in Italy!

Judges are still working on this and all the Summer Fair contests. I will update in this thread the moment we have winners! :)
I bet it must be super hard selecting winners with so many submissions! Imo take as long as needed as if I was a judge I'd think the longer you take to decide the better the outcome. There were some amazing submissions! I can't wait to see who will win!

I want to eventually become an ornithologist after I'm fully ready for college in the coming years. But I'm wondering what it takes to become a judge in the poultry shows? Like is there any training? I also can't find out if there are poultry shows in the EU and if there aren't I'd like to eventually start the first one in Italy!

There definitely are poultry shows in the EU, look at say Germany, Holland, Belgium (maybe). I know for a fact that there aren't any shows here, but I'd imagine Italy would've been more productive. I do not know how you can become an EAP judge

There definitely are poultry shows in the EU, look at say Germany, Holland, Belgium (maybe). I know for a fact that there aren't any shows here, but I'd imagine Italy would've been more productive. I do not know how you can become an EAP judge
Thanks for the info! I think that I might be able to go to the next show in Germany but I'm not sure.

there are - or were - shows in Italy; someone posted dozens of photos from one of them in some thread on BYC a few years ago. But a lot of countries banned shows because of H5N1, and many places have not let them resume yet.

there are - or were - shows in Italy; someone posted dozens of photos from one of them in some thread on BYC a few years ago. But a lot of countries banned shows because of H5N1, and many places have not let them resume yet.

OK, let's hope there's still a few people willing g to start them back up. I was definitely weirded out that Italy didn't have shows

Back
Top Bottom