Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #1

Oh sweet! This sounds good! I mean, I'm not exactly what you'd call an expert on chickens, but I suppose I could always learn. :p I like to write things anyhow, and I think that's half the fun.

One of the best ways to learn is to do a ton of research and write an article about something!!!
big_smile.png

That's what I intend to do. ;) I think the one about managing the coop in summer would be good, as it frequently gets over 40 degrees here.

That's what I intend to do.
wink.png
I think the one about managing the coop in summer would be good, as it frequently gets over 40 degrees here.

40 degrees celcius right? If it was in ferinheight it would be a pretty cold summer lol. And I also think an article about managing the coop in the summer is a good idea. So if anybody here is planning on writing one, this would be a good topic, as we all strugle with summers heat, especialy last summer.......people hens were dying from heat while laying in the nest boxes. I mean that literaly, the hens actualy died
th.gif
on several cases actualy, so I think we really need an article on this topic.

I could give it a shot, although I can't guarantee it would be of any particularly high quality. I'd have to do a LOT of research to even level out with you guys in chicken knowledge. :lol:

But yes, 40 degrees celcius. Isn't 40F close to freezing? I have a limited knowledge of imperial units that consists pretty much of inHg and feet/inches. :lau

Shocking to hear about the hens though! It'd be great if there were some way of preventing that, it must be stressful on all involved.

Last edited:
I could give it a shot, although I can't guarantee it would be of any particularly high quality. I'd have to do a LOT of research to even level out with you guys in chicken knowledge.
lol.png
lau.gif

Have written a lot of posts on this topic (keeping chickens cool enough in hot temps) and if I am able to get a chance in time, would be happy to write an article on this.......So many of the heat-related deaths are avoidable......
JJ

I have an article that you are welcome to put on your website. It was previously published in the LA Daily News and some other newspapers, so it does not qualify for your contest. I will forward it to you with photos.... if I can figure out how to do that. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom