Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #10

Pics
do all articles written and submitted, accepted become property of BYC or are they property of the author? Thanks,
Karen

So if I write an article and BYC takes it ( or even in the act of submitting it), BYC has license to it. Does that mean that if I ever want to use it anywhere else, I must credit BYC as the license owner? Or can I still call it my original creation if it is not on the BYC...say it is in a magazine ,or newspaper, or in another website I create ,or in a product I create for sale? What if I copyright it before I submit it to BYC?
Best,
Karen

So if I write an article and BYC takes it ( or even in the act of submitting it), BYC has license to it. Does that mean that if I ever want to use it anywhere else, I must credit BYC as the license owner? Or can I still call it my original creation if it is not on the BYC...say it is in a magazine ,or newspaper, or in another website I create ,or in a product I create for sale? What if I copyright it before I submit it to BYC?
Best,
Karen
I think you always retain copyright but BYC may use the article in part or in full as they please.

Here's what we have in our term when people join BYC:

"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content (including and not limited to posts, images, comments, articles, etc.) in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

I was just reading the first post and was I supposed to post my article in the learning center. I thought I was supposed to post it in the member page does this mean it won't be in the contest :oops:

I was just reading the first post and was I supposed to post my article in the learning center. I thought I was supposed to post it in the member page does this mean it won't be in the contest :oops:
It says post in the members pages and link to it in this thread so I think you've done the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom