Ended Official BYC Contest - Post Your Best Poultry Dust Bathing Pics!

It depends on where you live. Not all Trader Joes has fertile eggs. I live in Woodland CA and Davis has a Trader Joes. The eggs come from Sonoma county so they do not travel far.
Yeah, if I had to guess, I would think that the Trader Joes near me does not have eggs. I live allllll the way across the country in VA.

"She's got legs, she knows how to use them" - ZZ Top

It was hard to get a good photo because of the dappling of light and shade, but I love that they all have their legs sticking out in random directions!

My girls are still figuring out how this whole dust bathing thing works but their preferred spots are either one of my raised garden beds (which we're just using for compost at the moment) or this shady corner under the willow tree. I'd thrown down some leftover peat moss weeks ago but they're only now starting to take advantage of it.

Last edited:

An action shot, Gretchen one of our Easter Eggers enjoying some ash dust bathing.

Chicks from our hatch last year learning how to dust bath in dog bowl.

Last edited:
This is my Sally who by all means shouldn't have made it after a possum attacked her earlier this year, but she's a Fighter, and she loves her relaxing dust baths! She needs it too-she spends all her time looking after 4 teenage pullets lol

This is my Sally who by all means shouldn't have made it after a possum attacked her earlier this year, but she's a Fighter, and she loves her relaxing dust baths! She needs it too-she spends all her time looking after 4 teenage pullets lol

She looks very content. : )

Glad she made it through the attack.

Back
Top Bottom