Ended Official BYC Contest - Post Your Best (Worst) Chicken Molt Pictures - 2022

Pics
I just wanted to give Peanut Butter a memorial - Affectionately called "Butter Butt" because he looked ready for roasting every summer....
Peanut Butter was a 17 oz bantam frizzle who 3 years ago, gave his life for his lady, 10 Oz Jelly, to a hawk attack. 😭 He would have had this contest locked up. He was 3. What a dude.😇
IMG_20190719_170234.jpg

I just wanted to give Peanut Butter a memorial - Affectionately called "Butter Butt" because he looked ready for roasting every summer....
Peanut Butter was a 17 oz bantam frizzle who 3 years ago, gave his life for his lady, 10 Oz Jelly, to a hawk attack. 😭 He would have had this contest locked up. He was 3. What a dude.😇
I think lil Peanut Butter ought to receive a posthumous award - not only for his bravery, but for that truly spectacular (and slightly horrifying) molt!! Wowzers! :eek:
RIP PB! ❤️

I thought my orp was going though a molt....but....after seeing these pics I am not so sure. There have been feathers EVERYWHERE and I noticed her feathers a little straggley, her tail a little ratty...but nothing like this. No bare spots or anything, just feathers everywhere, a little straggley hen, and lots of pin feathers on her.
She's probably moulting, just not as hard a moult as fancy Nancy 😬

Fancy Nancy
View attachment 3209989View attachment 3210005
Since she is molting I am careful when I pick her up or pat her body.
Look at her little oil gland nub...
View attachment 3210460

She keeps getting more bald...View attachment 3217541View attachment 3217542

View attachment 3219047
I had a cute video, but having trouble figuring out how to load it.

View attachment 3219075
I had a video but could not figure out how to down load it.

She likes the shade.
.View attachment 3219870
In this pic it is hot, you can see the other hens panting, but she is not. This morning it was 56, and I saw her shiver.
Oh Fancy Nancy, I hope your feathers come back soon. Feels good to let it all out when it's hot haha

JUST THE BROWS!!! (Well mostly)
I think Hazel passed out at a frat party… and woke up with NO BROWS!!!! 🤣
(Poor girl!!!)
View attachment 3241238View attachment 3241239
Haha poor thing, it makes her look very expressive though. Watch where you pass out, Hazel! I've got one with a moulting pattern a little bit like that but her skin is black and her feathers on her head are black and white. Been following her around with the camera but she moves so much. Hard to get a good shot.

View attachment 3242103
I want to see what he looks like while not molting

Back
Top Bottom