Ended Official BYC Contest - Post Your Best (Worst) Chicken Molt Pictures - 2022

Pics
Ah, the one feather... Had that too many times. He a Lemon Cuckoo Orpington? I bet he'll be gorgeous once he's done molting. :love :love
I'm actually completely stumped on his breed. He totally resembles either a Lemon Cuckoo Orpington or Niederrheiner to my untrained eyes, but that's not what I was told by his original owner. No one in the identification thread was sure, either! I'll be excited to see what his feathers look like when they are fresh. Maybe it will help!

I'm actually completely stumped on his breed. He totally resembles either a Lemon Cuckoo Orpington or Niederrheiner to my untrained eyes, but that's not what I was told by his original owner. No one in the identification thread was sure, either! I'll be excited to see what his feathers look like when they are fresh. Maybe it will help!
Ok, I looked up both to compare... The Niederrheiner's tail is a darker gray. Of the Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons that I've seen with grey in the tail, the gray is lighter (if it's even in the tail). So I say your rooster is a Niederrheiner. :thumbsup

I’m not sure if I’m doing this right and I am sure my Roo Prince Charming is not amused just as he was not amused when I was chasing him to spray his featherless red bum with blue kote so his ladies fair would quit pecking it (literally hen pecked poor prince) unfortunately I did not think to take pics of that. So for your viewing here is Prince Charming ending his molt with new growth.
that ONE feather. omg

He is a lemon cuckoo Niederrhiener. Pink feet. Fast growing and pretty heavy. pretty chill birds There are what I just culled for meat birds
E029F364-EF20-4F60-9700-97B3E1C21092.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom