Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

I love this contest- The white on with the backwards bowtie is hilarious!
lau.gif
-Pam

"All other breeds" My rooster Big Red - picture taken 1.5 weeks ago... one lone tail feather left....... not nearly as funny as the other birds posted though!

Here's Deeta my buff Naked neck hen.

Poor Deeta, she always looks her worst this time of year. Still laying, I do expect her to take quite a while to finish molting, she always does... She does normally get a butterfly saddle too. This year I've tried preening the sheathes off to see if it stimulates quicker feather growth, we shall see!

Ready for my close up!

Do these feathers make my butt look fat?

That's it! No more photos!! Don't you dare take a photo of my butt!

Here's Deeta my buff Naked neck hen.

Poor Deeta, she always looks her worst this time of year. Still laying, I do expect her to take quite a while to finish molting, she always does... She does normally get a butterfly saddle too. This year I've tried preening the sheathes off to see if it stimulates quicker feather growth, we shall see!

Ready for my close up!

Do these feathers make my butt look fat?

That's it! No more photos!! Don't you dare take a photo of my

Now she takes moulting seriously

Poor Deeta. Do molting chickens like the be scratched by human hands ? I know they are usually shy when they molt, but when it's that bad the itching must drive them crazy and I would think they would rub themselves on anything to stop the itching.

Back
Top Bottom