Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

Poor Deeta. Do molting chickens like the be scratched by human hands ? I know they are usually shy when they molt, but when it's that bad the itching must drive them crazy and I would think they would rub themselves on anything to stop the itching.
I've always popped the feather casings on my guys. Also on my conure. They all seem to really like it and close their eyes while I preen them. Then they stand up, shake off the casing dust and get fluffy!

Willow
jumpy.gif

For "All Other Breeds"
Delilah, our Black Australorp, doing her best to look regal despite both her molt and some yogurt she just spattered on herself. :)

Last edited:
I would hate to have to be a judge for this cause this would be EXTREMELY hard to choose a winner - or should i say loser??? hehe!

I can just here those hens going: "Don't look at me like that!" or "This better not be going on the internet!"
gig.gif

This is Fugly. We have 2 frizzles and when they molt we cant tell which is which, so we call them both Fugly.
She is actually really beautiful normally.
Robin Jablonski

Tee hee! My frizzled cochins always moult in the summer!

Here is my poor EE girl. She keeps giving me eggs instead of getting some new feathers. I think I may have to bring her into my garage to keep her warm this winter. Hopefully, she will get some feathers soon.

oh wow...
We know for this contest
We do look our best...
but please leave the camera
out of our nest...

We take pride in our feathers
and miss all the preening
we don't want to show
how our skin is just gleaming

We know that you love us...
and protect us from weather...
thanks for the sweater...